Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ffs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now I'm being told I'm not an accepting person... As in I don't open up to people easily, or so I've been told. I've also been told that though I'm wanting a career it's really nothing and that I'll end up a lonely sad and bitter old woman because I never open to people.

I mean I have my own group of friends... But because i won't open to people who flirt with me and who have no manners I'm not really an open person and would be unhappy.

Comments

• Options
    Er. Well who said all this? Do you respect their opinion?

My ex told me just before I kicked him out that I'd end up a lonely, bitter old woman. Now who's bitter and alone? Hmmm.......... It's not me.
  • Options
    Was a bit drunk last night.

Basically, this guy has been funny with me recently. A few weeks ago I was told that I'm naive because I look for the good in everyone and I'm very accepting. Last night I was told I'm closed and unnaproachable and not accepting at all of people (because I'm open about not liking somebody who's touched me up in the past and whom I just don't get on with) and apparently... I'll end up a bitter old woman and that my career isn't everything.

It's pissing me off... Some of the people I know are being odd with me since university has been getting closer and I'm sick of feeling criticised, like I keep on having to change to suit people. If I'm so bad why do I have such a big circle of friends (who apparently are all only 'aquaintances'...

To make things worse, I did a lot of help at this bar (DJing) and eventually started working there with my "best friend". I saw the New Year party advertised and told my mate that I thought £10 was a bit much for a buffet. Funny because basically I just don't work there anymore when the manageress's friend comes on the scene and takes my job. Also... My "best friend" 'forgot' me on the VIP list. He remembers everybody else but forgets me...

I'm sick of it... People are all pally with me when I got money. At the end of the day it's all about cash, sex and ego.
  • Options
    [QUOTE='-[MoonRat] A few weeks ago I was told that I'm naive because I look for the good in everyone and I'm very accepting. Last night I was told I'm closed and unnaproachable and not accepting at all of people (because I'm open about not liking somebody who's touched me up in the past and whom I just don't get on with) and apparently... I'll end up a bitter old woman and that my career isn't everything.

It's pissing me off... Some of the people I know are being odd with me since university has been getting closer and I'm sick of feeling criticised, like I keep on having to change to suit people. If I'm so bad why do I have such a big circle of friends (who apparently are all only 'aquaintances'...[/QUOTE]

People don't like to see other people better themselves because it throws the spotlight onto themselves and how they aren't doing the same. So they'll try to sabotage you. Take it with a huge pinch of salt. You can see the contradictions in what's being said, so ignore it. Easier said than done I know but keep your eye on the goal and be true to yourself.
  • Options
    I guess you're right. I'm avoiding most of them from now on as it's getting annoying.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Er. Well who said all this? Do you respect their opinion?

My ex told me just before I kicked him out that I'd end up a lonely, bitter old woman. Now who's bitter and alone? Hmmm.......... It's not me.

An ex told me I'd end up bitter and alone. I thought it was quite an original dig at the time.
  • Options
    Screw them! Its up to you what you do!