Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bunny boilers!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
oh my god, im going insane. My best friend is a bunny boiler and she is driving me mad!

any one have any tips on how to deal with bunny boilers??

all i hear is how her boyfriend is on a break with her and that she wants to text him to see if he's ok, but he never texts her back, all the time, the same things over and over again.

she even texts his sister so she can find out what her boyfriend is doing. its not just one text, its like loads all day long.

your advice please before i scream at her, shes my best mate but she is doing my head in!!

Comments

• Options
    lol i've never heard of the phase 'bunny boiler'
    i'm in a sort of simialr situation, she's an ex mate cause she ditched me for her bf because ''he was all she needed and i was annoying her'' so i was like fine and left her to it. So he dumps her and she comes running back wanting advice on what to do cause she's got herself into a mess with his best mate....now they're both emotionally blackmailing her etc etc.....it pisses me off cause she's just using me but i cant say that to her....so i know how you feel.
    Just casually say to her she should give him a rest and suggest you both do something together to take her mind off it?
  • Options
    we see each other every day, i think thats why im going mental.

its my birthday on monday so we are going out tonight, so i have to see her.

She asked me the other day if i thought she was a bunny boiler, i hadn't really thought about it so i said no, but now thinking about it, she really is!!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&lr=&oi=defmore&q=define:Bunny+boiler
  • Options
    Bunny boilers need a good slap and a good dose of SECURITY to stop them being so damn insecure and clingy to their boyfriends
  • Options
    slap her,but in her defence a certain male turned me into a major major bunny boiler like worse than ever before so give her a little consideration too
  • Options
    :/ I now have the feeling I'm one.
  • Options
    Bunny boilers need a good slap and a good dose of SECURITY to stop them being so damn insecure and clingy to their boyfriends

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    :/ I now have the feeling I'm one.
    i got a tad clingy to my ex when we split up, not as bad as the 1 mentioned but i'd text him every few days asking if he was ok and stuff. It kinda pissed him off but i cared about him so much and i naturally worry about people.
  • Options
    what a great phrase...
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i got a tad clingy to my ex when we split up, not as bad as the 1 mentioned but i'd text him every few days asking if he was ok and stuff. It kinda pissed him off but i cared about him so much and i naturally worry about people.
    o no, this is like a few times a day!

i cant slap my best mate lol
  • Options
    Just let her get on with it. She'll soon realise that her behaviour is more than likely the cause of her 'break' and she'll either get the hint and change her ways or continue and push her boyfriend further and further away.

As her friend I think you should tell her that her behaviour is clingy and won't be helping the situation. Make sure you let her know that you're telling her because you care. Honesty is the best policy and if she becomes moody or goes in a strop it's only because she knows you're right.
  • Options
    Take her phone off her. She may not thank you immediately but she will in the long run.

It's obviously a hard time for her, just be there for her and try to keep her as busy as possible!
  • Options
    Rent out Fatal Attraction and watch it with her.

Ask her, "does Glen Close remind you of anyone?"
  • Options
    Rent out Fatal Attraction and watch it with her.

Ask her, "does Glen Close remind you of anyone?"
    haha, you've done your research then....
  • Options
    I don't think she sounds like a "bunny boiler" at all. She's been chucked, and wants the bloke back, and is doing it all the wrong way.

She needs to be told not to text him. He obviuously isn't interested.
  • Options
    Take her out, club, house party, dancing, drinking, somthing, but there must be lots of people who go with you or at the location. The more people the less chance she will have to think about the Ex and contact him. Keep her in a mass of interacting people. A social streak of a few days in a row is even better. Then at the end she would not only be so bussy, she will be exhausted. Who knows, the Ex may even start to think, "What the hell is she up to? I haven't heard from her in days. . or perhaps weeks", triggering off his curiousity. Perhaps she could even begin to forget about him if the Social Streaks are more frequent.
    Then again, that is only one tactic. . . . . . . . . . .