Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do you ever have days when you think you dont feel the same, then your ok?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last few days iv been feeling as if my feelings are changing, but not. im really confused. I know I love him, i think im just scared of all the things that are happening this week like alevel results, uni soon etc. I know i do still love him. whats wrong with me? some things changing!

Comments

• Options
    I might compare this to my situation:

I sometimes feel I love someone a lot. And then the next day, I know in my mind I love the person, but not like the other night. It can be disturbing, at least if this was contollable, it would be amazing. But of course it can't. Wish I could anyway. :(
  • Options
    i hope its that we had great few weeks, n things are depressing this week so i just feel down. i dont wana split, but i wouldnt wana carry on living a lie.see how i feel i suppose, I have felt like his ages a go for couple of weeks (same partner) then thought what was i thinkin, i love him more than ever. that was ages ago, so i hope im worrying over nothing.
  • Options
    what are relationships for? Have you ever asked yourself that? That you love your partner, or like/love, you define. If you are no longer attracted or have no affection towards him, then simply leave him. Formality affects us, and i guess you do like him still... Is being with him better than being single? If you break up with him, then it's over. I'm not you, but I would either talk to him to see what his reactions are and how he feels about you, or just stay with him

If your r/h is a lie, then you maybe should consider breaking up with him
  • Options
    its only been the last couple of days i dont feel amazingly excited to see him, i dont want to loose him i just dont like feeling like this!
  • Options
    billybob87 wrote:
    its only been the last couple of days i dont feel amazingly excited to see him, i dont want to loose him i just dont like feeling like this!

yeah, things around you affects you. Stress, uni as mentioned and some other stuff i guess. Maybe this will stop when you have started uni and the partial a-level stress is over. And on the other side, maybe not... hard to say, sorry for not helping you anywhere.
  • Options
    its ok, I think (hope) its just that this week is stressful, thanks for helping. i just want to hear that every day in a r/ship u dont always feel the same. when im with him i enjoy his company its not like im sick of him, it just feels as though i need to get the spark back. which is likely when results/uni is confirmed i hope. I do worry too much, so hopefully im just over reacting.
  • Options
    It's common to question things I think. It's common to worry if you love someone enough, if you still love them at all, if you still like them.

I sometimes worry a bit when I've been separated a bit, or when we've had an argument. The problem is only there if you don't take one look at them in the morning and realise you adore them more than anything.
  • Options
    Think about it this way, i know it is a bit different but do you ever sit there and think if you love your family/friends any different each day, yeah you might be annoyed at them and have arguments but you never question your love for them.......... therefore to me this person is not right for you......... I have been in love twice, first time i was always questioning my feelings and sometimes i missed him sometimes i didnt care if i didnt see him, other days i didnt want to ever be away from him...... second time round i just know i love him and thats it...........simple

On that note maybe it is just a learning curve as he was my first love and perhaps i just didnt know what i wanted then.
  • Options
    I havent beel always questioning my feelings, its happened once before 6 months ago which went away after a few days, we had spent loads of time together last few weeks then he went away and i had no contact at all for 11 days, i did miss him! but when i saw him i wasnt at hyper but then im not in the best mood now anyway. i get alevel results tomorrow and im really nervous!
    I know i love him, i just need to get the lovey dovey feeling back, it returned fast before. it may be just that im not in an outgoing mood this week!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The problem is only there if you don't take one look at them in the morning and realise you adore them more than anything.

hehe thankies, that totally made me see that I do still adore him, im just not in the mood this week.yay!
  • Options
    hehe Im ok now, i just didnt feel in the mood to see people. I knew it was the stress of waiting for exam results.