Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mind over body?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello!
Just a little question.........
Im going away on a nice romantic holiday with my boyfriend next week, and was really annoyed to realise im supposed to be on my period!
So, I started begging my body to come on early, and it has!!! Now I know it sounds strange, but im usually later rather than early!
So my question is, do you think its possible to convince your body to start your period early? Or am i mad? :confused:
Thanks for reading! would love to know what you all think!
:)

Comments

• Options
    depends what else you are doing to your body at the same time.
    stress, diet, exercise, etc, etc, etc... all have an effect.
  • Options
    jeez, i wish i could do that....got any tips!?!
  • Options
    well, theres nothing different in terms of exercise, diet etc. I came off the pill a couple of months ago. So, it could be that I suppose, although id love to think it wasnt!!!
    Tell you what though, I love my body today!!! Yay!!! I dont have to feel nasty on holiday!!!! Yay!!! :yippe:
  • Options
    how much earlier than normal did you come on?
  • Options
    That happened to me last week I was telling my body "please come on either this week or next" and I came on last week instead of a fortnights time.
  • Options
    So many times i have wished that but no never experienced it!
    thank goodness for the pill so just get control of it now! :)
  • Options
    Im a week early, its so cool!
    So, if two of us have experienced it, i wonder if it is possible??? Has anyone else?

I did love that part of being on the pill, but all the other effects made it less appealing!
  • Options
    It sounds possible. I mean, don't periods of women all living together align themselves? Surely these things are possible. I know it's all to do with hormone levels that stimulate egg release and uterus lining, so perhaps your mental willingness causes them to be secreted earlier?
  • Options
    its weird, 1 of my best friends and i would have our periods at pretty much the same time while we were at school (i'd come on about 2days later than her) but now it's the holidays and we dont see each other as much, they're not as close anymore
    i think i might try convincing my body lol, but i usually come on at the begining of the month so it hasnt really gotten in the way with anything yet.