Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone find they loose weight after a relationship?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive lost about 1/2 a stone since ive broken up with him and its on the increase. Anyone else had this?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, it makes perfect sense.

You tend to put weight on in a relationship, for various reasons. It stands that you'd lose it again when it ends.
  • Options
    I lost a stone when I split up with my ex ex.
  • Options
    Yeah I lost weight when I split with my fella aswell.... think its just natural hun, I lost my appetite when we first split and only eat little bits because I had to.
  • Options
    Yup I lost a stone when my ex dumped me. Not very healthy at all though :/
  • Options
    Yup!

I told myself It's natures way of making me more attractive to the opposite sex :lol:
  • Options
    woohoo, at least i have something to look forward to, i just split up with my boyfriend!
  • Options
    Dinted wrote:
    woohoo, at least i have something to look forward to, i just split up with my boyfriend!

:) True!
  • Options
    Yup, I lost a stone and a half. It was only because I was so upset I just couldn't eat, I could really only have a couple of mouthfuls of an entire meal, it was horrible. I'm really slim anyway so I just started looking pale and skinny.
    Then I went travelling and put it back on, and I'm much more happy and healthy now.
  • Options
    i cant remember if i did or not....i didnt bother to weigh myself, but i know i stopped eating properly for quite a while so i probably did...
  • Options
    I did lose some weight.

But I'm not really sure how.

I haven't done anymore exercise or activity than normal. If anything I've done less.

I haven't eaten more or less, or changed eating habits. Still the fat pig I always was!

I wasn't really that upset, as being with him was stressing me out more than anything else. So really, it was quite a relief.

I like to thank my metabolism. And the fact that my parents were stick people before they got old and all that. :D