Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

little question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
girlfriend and i had sex tonight, its nearly the end of her period and i came inside her ....

she been on the pill for ages now and had just stopped taking it (when she got her period)

is there any chance she can get pregnant ?

Comments

• Options
    Im pretty sure there is a chance of her getting pregnant, however im not 100% sure. Hopefully someone else can help out here.

Actually i did read something on a problem page about this today, there is a chance it all depends how late in the period it was. Its best to always wear a condom, no matter what time of the month it is ;)
  • Options
    Aint it best to wear a condom when shes on her period anyway?? Could be kinda gross.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    EDIT: sorry, just re-read your post and just noticed the bit about the pill. Your best bet would be to talk to your girlfriend. You should be covered though.
  • Options
    The advice would depend on what pill your girlfriend is taking. AFAIK you don't need to take some pills during the period, although I may be hopelessly wrong with this information.

You should ask your girlfriend if this is the case. If it is not the case then you can pregnant during your period.

Rude Boy: it's only a bit of blood. It's not going to bite your cock off.
  • Options
    hiya

most pills protect you through the pill free week depeanding how long she has been taking it!
    If you read the leaflet that comes with it then it explains why!
    it still isnt 100% safe though, but she would have most been at risk of pregnancy 2days after she stopped taking it... thats when the egg is realeased!
  • Options
    Of course there is a chance she should be pregnant. It is a common myth that you cannot get pregnant whilst on your period. She should get the morning after pill.

Also, from reading your post it sounds like you are using the withdrawl method as a form of contraception. However, this is not a form of contraception and your g/f will get pregnant eventually if you carry on using that.

Sorry if I am assuming wrong, like. But you should know your facts before even considering sex.

From what it sounds like to me, she's on the pill. But she just stopped taking it for her 7-day break where she can have her period. I don't think she's supposed to be able to get pregnant during this period, but don't quote me.
  • Options
    bigmama wrote:
    hiya

most pills protect you through the pill free week depeanding how long she has been taking it!
    If you read the leaflet that comes with it then it explains why!
    it still isnt 100% safe though, but she would have most been at risk of pregnancy 2days after she stopped taking it... thats when the egg is realeased!

Yea but sperm stays active for upto 7 days. afaik
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    From what it sounds like to me, she's on the pill. But she just stopped taking it for her 7-day break where she can have her period. I don't think she's supposed to be able to get pregnant during this period, but don't quote me.

I know, I read it wrong and have since edited.

It was too early in the morning :(
  • Options
    Need more clarity.

Did she stop taking the pill i.e. she is coming off the pill and is no longer using it as contraception?

Or, is she on her 7 day break? In that instance, so long as she took all the other pills correctly, she is covered.
  • Options
    shes stopped taking it
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Rude Boy: it's only a bit of blood. It's not going to bite your cock off.
    :lol:

if she has stopped taking it there is a risk, if she took her last pill less than seven days ago and starts her next pack in time then that risk is less i think. best plan of action would probably be the MAP and being sensible about condoms if your GF isn't going to take her pills properly.
  • Options
    she DID take them properly - she decided to go off it and stopped taking it when her period started
  • Options
    she should have thought about what she would instead. again , for future reference,MAP and condoms , unless your GF is using alternative contraception.

if she finished all 21 of her pills (if she is on the combined pill) and she took the last one less than seven days ago, and she starts the next packet on time you can possibly avoid becoming parents. if she is on the mini pill and just stopped taking them then i would strongly reccomend getting the MAP and thinking seriously about abstaining until you are contraceptively covered.
  • Options
    if she's on a combined pill, and it's been less than 7 days, she'll be fine, as her body will just assume she's on her 7 day break. but i would tell her to take another month's worth, as as someone pointed out, sperm can live for a while inside you, and it's much better to be safe than sorry.

if it's been longer, or if she doesn't want to take another month's worth of pills, and you absolutely don't want to have babies, i'd recommend the morning after pill.
  • Options
    bigmama wrote:

bit of a worry millions of women having 7 day breaks every month then!
  • Options
    Just wanted to say yay for you coming here and asking-at least you're being responsible-I'd be very happy if I found out my man was concerned enough to find out-at least you aren't being ignorant!
  • Options
    Well you know what they say, if the river runs red, take the dirt track. They being me. You didn´t just read that.