Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tongue!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I dunno if anyone can help or not, I feel like I've burnt my tongue and it feels like there is massive spots on it but there isn't, any ideas what it is? Its just annoying!

Comments

• Options
    strange! have you eaten anything new or hot???
  • Options
    nothing that hurt it
  • Options
    sometimes your tongue can just get sore. especially if you're a bit run down, or stressed, or ill. apparently it's a bit like having a mouth ulcer.

mine does it quite a lot. v. annoying. sucking ice can soothe it a bit.
  • Options
    I often get a big sore lump on my tomgue and its when I'm run down. Dunno the science why but try also slat waer gargling and if its really sore you could try a throat numbing spray-but lightly as its your tongue not your throat-infact try some antiseptic throat sweets as they always numb my tongue!!

If they don't go within a few days go to doctors!
  • Options
    not sure whether it will do any good or not, but try putting bicarbonate of soda on it and sucking an ice cube. :p
  • Options
    thanks,
    its got better today but i think it must have been cos i was run down as woke up this morning with a stinking cold, so been off work and slept most of the day, still shattered