Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mascara

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The new L'oreal one is fab. you put the white on then the black. but the difference is that the black bit doesnt have a normal brush, its a comb instead. I have long eyelashes anyway but i put it on my mum who has none and it made hers look much better.

I recommend it :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    If youve got long eyelashes anyway, these mascaras can look ridiculous. We had someone where I used to work whod wear these build up and lengthen mascaras, and honestly, they looked fake. Maybe ok for evenings, but looked silly for work.
  • Options
    Naaaaah, Bad Girl by Benefit is where it's at, suckah!
  • Options
    does the comb work well? i keep meaning to try one but i just cant see a comb working as well as a brush...
  • Options
    that advert really annoys me now.

how much is it, i bet it's about £10?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Naaaaah, Bad Girl by Benefit is where it's at, suckah!

In complete and utter agreement. It's quite pricey but lasts for ages and is worth every penny!
  • Options
    Saw that mascara on Saturday and I think it's £7.99.
  • Options
    i hve been tempted away from my trusty waterproof great lash before, but i always, always end up going back.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i hve been tempted away from my trusty waterproof great lash before, but i always, always end up going back.

sounds familar!
  • Options
    ive found those white then black ones to be crap.
  • Options
    Was thinking about getting that one, may have to give it a wirl :)
  • Options
    I can never get mascara right. They make all these great promises but never stick to them. At the moment I'm getting on ok with Maybelline Sky High Curves but in a few weeks it'll probably end up the same way most of them do - clumpy. :( I was doing great with Great Lash but it gave up on me for some reason, lol.

I love exciting eye makeup but I just can't get it right. I'm still trying to master eyeliner on the upper lids! :shocking:
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:

I love exciting eye makeup but I just can't get it right. I'm still trying to master eyeliner on the upper lids! :shocking:
    i spent 10 years trying to master that until a month ago when my younger sister told me the easiest way is to randomly put it on then wipe off the mistakes with a damp cotton bud. its fab!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    At the moment I'm getting on ok with Maybelline Sky High Curves but in a few weeks it'll probably end up the same way most of them do - clumpy. :( I was doing great with Great Lash but it gave up on me for some reason, lol.

i usually get a new one every 3 months. when it's only £4, i can afford to, and it stops the clumpiness.

failing that, try wiping the wand on a tissue before you put it on. :)
  • Options
    no the reason why this one is so good is because of the comb.
  • Options
    I used one with a comb (I think the Rimmel one.. kate moss?) and always found that after a few uses, I couldn't get the comb covered enough in mascara...

I loved the Maybelline black/white one and MAC do a nice one too...

Ilora x
  • Options
    The new red Rimmel one is fantastic. It does make your lashes massive, like false lashes, so its not very natural looking. Which was good news for me.

I had the pink and green Maybelline great lash mascara in black for a while, and though it had great colour, it didn't really lift or volumise them. Just made them a bit pointy.

My last mascara (which I ran out of the day before yesterday) was fab, even though it was Boots 17, and like a £1 cheaper than the others. I can't remember the name, but its a light blue tube. However, I still prefer my new Rimmel one.
  • Options
    My eyelashes are quite long anyway and the ends are blonde so I only use mascara to make them show up.
  • Options
    blah

I've never really bothered with mascara too much, my eyelashes are already dark, tend to only use it in the evenings or on nights out..
    I have this really nice Clinique mascara that made my eyelashes look really pretty and long though, it's probably the best mascara that I've used. I liked it cos it didn't really make it obvious, it just looked like I had naturally long eyelashes. I hate it when people cake the stuff on and get all of their lashes stuck together.
  • Options
    ^^I know!! Isn't it gross!? I can't say I actually know how to get my mascara to go 'clumpy' - which isn't a bad thing..
    I'm guessing they must use like, really old cakey mascara for the 'clumpy effect'?

Ilora x
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    My eyelashes are quite long anyway and the ends are blonde so I only use mascara to make them show up.

aye, same with me. my bottom lashes are almost totally blonde in the summer though, so i look a bit freaky without mascara on.
  • Options
    Diorshow - its really good and i like it lots i've been buying dior mascara for years i've no idea how much it costs though - but as i don't wear it everyday its not like i get through one a month or anything.

I've a friend who won't leave the house with out mascara on - she has blonde eyelashes - once she came to school without it and when i pointed it out to her she drove all the way back home put her mascara on and drove all the way back to school.
  • Options
    I'm yet to find a mascara that dosnt give me panda eyes after about an hour. I've found non smudgy bottom lid eyeliner tho which is cool.
  • Options
    i use some clinique stuff and love it
    if i dont wear any other make up i wear my mascara. it makes your eyes look bigger.
  • Options
    Maxfactor 2000 Calorie, top stuff :thumb: Love it :heart: !
  • Options
    Clinique do a light mascara called 'Long Pretty Lashes' tis nice. Their 'High Impact Mascara' is a good un!

Mind you - Christian Dior are meant to be the bees-knees in mascara's!
  • Options
    I've just bought one from ebay which is really good, loreal featherlight or something, in 'honey brown', it only cost me £2 and it doesn't leave panda eyes and doesn't flake or clump. It's a nice natural brown colour too, a lot nicer than the harshness of black.
  • Options
    L'oreal "Volume shocking" double mascara

I bought the new l'oreal white/black mascara from superdrug at the weekend and couldn't believe how bad it was.
    I've used white/black mascaras before (boujwois and maybellines i think) and thought they looked fab and really made my eyelashes look longer.
    With the l'oreal one however, I found the white mascara made my eyelashes look more defined, but as soon as I applied the black comb macara my lashes went instantly clumpy, to the extent that in the end it gave the impression I had 6 lashes in all!
    I took it all off with eye make up remover and tried again, but once again my lashes went v v clumpy.
    I'm not sure it's because I'm not used to the comb macara wand, but I've never had this problem when I've used other mascaras!
    Anyone had the same experience or got any tips? :confused:
    Thanks
  • Options
    ive found those white then black ones to be crap.

Seriously, the Avon one of those is okay
  • Options
    I have recently got the Rimmel Extreme Volume one. Its a comb and I find it brilliant if I use the Extreme Definition clear lash separating comb first other wise it just makes them stick together. They are like £5.99 each though so you know how they make their money. Luckily I know someone so get all my make up free, providing I use Rimmel.