Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

dating friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so my last 2 boyfriends were close friends and i swore to myself that i wouldnt get with another friend well now im 'seeing' another friend. i mean it feels so right when we're together but i dunno i have this doubt in me. but then i cant stop thinking about him. and its not like he was a close friend just a mate i hung out with occasionally. he's like one of my best mates best mates.

what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I don't see how anyone can not be friends before they are more... Unless you just randomly asked someone out, which in my opinion is incredibly strange. I say go for it if it feels right :thumb:
  • Options
    I don't see how anyone can not be friends before they are more... Unless you just randomly asked someone out, which in my opinion is incredibly strange. I say go for it if it feels right :thumb:

LOL
    Seriously though, you do have a point...
  • Options
    The best partners are friends.

If your partner isn't your best friend then you're not doing it right.
  • Options
    I agree with whats being said but I also get where your coming from. If the relationshipo goes tits up then you've not only lost your gf/bf but also a good mate. If it feels right you've gotta go for it though because otherwise you'll be left wondering "wot if"
  • Options
    i find that dating friends isn't really great even though it is in the relationship stage but if the relationships doesnt work out you havnt only lost a bf/gf but also a friend. you can however remain friends but can sumtimes make things awkward. on the other hand im best friends with a girl i used to go out with (only after trouble in our friendship) but its ur decision
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If your partner isn't your best friend then you're not doing it right.
    :yes: