Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cheating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In your opinion, is it a good idea to go back with someone who cheated on you?

Comments

• Options
    From experience I would say no. I took my ex back after he cheated on me and it was never the same after that between us as much as I tried to pretend it was. Always felt suspicious and jealous for no apparent reason. Has made me a very insecure person as an outcome which I never was before.

All depends on the situation I guess tho? Just my opinion
  • Options
    i was afraid someone would say that...
    see i was with him for 4 years and it's soooo hard letting go... a specially since i know he still loves me :/
  • Options
    coralie wrote:
    i was afraid someone would say that...
    see i was with him for 4 years and it's soooo hard letting go... a specially since i know he still loves me :/

You just have to go with the feeling you have. I always though I would NEVER EVER take a cheater back but when it happened I felt differently. Would never do it again now though. Guess you have to do it once to truly learn from it. We split recently after 4 years also.
  • Options
    thing is my bf cheated on me and although we broke up i carried on shagging him and it ripped me apart i actually went a bit mental and got really depressed. its like you know you shouldnt be with him because if he really did care for you he wouldnt have done it and as much as he still says he cares for you its all wrong and twisted and you end up hurting more.
  • Options
    coralie wrote:
    In your opinion, is it a good idea to go back with someone who cheated on you?
    No nay never.
  • Options
    If you split over it, then look at getting back together, no, unless they are a significantly different person.

If you're in a relationship that has just been damaged by cheating then you need to do a whole lot of soul searching. If he cheats again, no question - dumping time.

Here I use 'cheating' to mean 'concealing sexual activity with someone not part of the current relationship'
  • Options
    the thing is, if it was only a matter of sex, i mean, guys stay guys...
    but he shared our private life with that stupid slut (who also knew we were together, you have to be 2 to tango!). THAT i'm mad (and sad) about
  • Options
  • Options
    No, I wouldn't go back to a cheater. I know it depends on a lot of circumstances, but the trust would go. Hell, I've cheated and I wouldn't take me back, but in that instance, I broke off the relationship as it wasn't working out.
  • Options
    I dont think I would. Much as it would pain me.
    Be worse to be in a relationship and just be paranoid they were going to do it again.
    Its not as if youd forget.
  • Options
    Its not as if youd forget.

:yes: agree
  • Options
    no. no, no, no, no, no.

cheating on someone is just about the lowest thing you can do, imo. i would never be able to feel secure in a relationship after that.