Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Savlon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey i recently got a tattoo on my lower back of a panther and the tattooist told me to use savlon but after usuing it i dicovered i was allergic and have come out in a rash and spots all round and over my tattoo which is still in its healing scab stage

im wondering if this has happend to anyone else?

if so how did you get rid of them without damaging the tattoo?

Comments

• Options
    You could try a cream for generic dermititus, i have contact dermitis (allergy to nickel found in a lot of metals), i use a cream called allergenics. Ask a pharmacist for their advice though.
  • Options
    Em.. leave it alone?

Surely it will heal itself without any creams.
  • Options
    Creams come recommended for tattoos actually, there's currently a thread ( http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=86645 ) where you might come up with some helpful advice for tattoo aftercare.
  • Options
    After my tattoo on the advice of my tattooist I just cleaned it with soap and water. I really don't think it's necessary to use anything like Savlon. And it should take a couple of weeks tops to heal.
  • Options
    When I had my tatoo he recomended I get Hemoriod cream (sp) - stuff for piles! It worked for me.