Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can someone collect your GCSE results for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if you can get someone else to collect your GCSE results (I'm talking my mum or dad, not a friend). I will be in London on the 25th and there's no way I can get home. However, I've heard that it's policy not to give out the results to anyone except the candidate, even to parents. Is this true? If no body collects them are they automatically posted? And if so, is it like in a week or will they come the next day? Sorry, I know this sounds v.v.panicky but I worry too much!

Cheers everyone,
Hannah :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but you need to give your exam centre a notice in writing that someone else will be picking them up, or give them a SAE to send them to you.
  • Options
    My Mum collected my GCSE results and read them to me down the phone.

At my college they let others collect your results if you call the college to warn them and you give them your student ID.
  • Options
    Some schools may also request you to send a signed letter with the person collecting, confirming your permission for them to pick up your results...along with them proving their ID etc. If they do end up being posted, then they should arrive the following day...depending on how efficient Royal Mail is in your area...they are sooooo slow here! :banghead: Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    I've got the same problem as i will be on holiday im gonna phone my school on the day and tell them my dad is gonna pick them up the whole school knows who he is, hes been at my school more than me!
  • Options
    Why don't you give the school a SAE and get them posted to your house? Then if you want to know the grades ask your parents to open the envelope and read them out over the phone.
  • Options
    I moved after doing my GCSEs and therefore couldn't pick up my exam results so an English teacher I knew read them over the phone then sent them to me.
  • Options
    Every school and college will have a different policy for this. Phone your school and check.
  • Options
    Scarlet wrote:
    My Mum collected my GCSE results and read them to me down the phone.

At my college they let others collect your results if you call the college to warn them and you give them your student ID.

You mean the number which has to be put on all coursework and exam papers (Which isn't the centre number, obviously) ?