Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does anyone ever reflect and just think that wasnt a relationship?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you reckon defines a proper relationship? Just thinking about the last person i was involved with i now think what we had together was highly bazar and not really a relationship at all. Not by conventional standards i guess anyway. Although i guess it is each to their own anyway.

Comments

• Options
    well what do you think defines a proper relationship?
  • Options
    ;) Good point! I guess for me its two people who enjoy spending time together, think of eachother, want to bring positive aspects to the other persons life, caring about them, looking at things eaqually, having a good connection with one another. Its hard i guess...
  • Options
    So your talking anykind of relationship not just a romantic one,
  • Options
    yep. im just starting to question everything.
  • Options
    Any interaction would count as a "relationship" even with somebody you dont know very well,
    I think you might mean friendship, which is difficult there are a couple of people I work with who id consider friends even thought we dont see each other outside of work.
  • Options
    Any interaction would count as a "relationship" even with somebody you dont know very well,
    I think you might mean friendship, which is difficult there are a couple of people I work with who id consider friends even thought we dont see each other outside of work.

yer i guess there are just so many different kinds
  • Options
    Hi Fairy

It is a good thing that you are reflecting on your past relationship, how else will we learn from our mistakes and about ourselves and learn what we want in a relationship and what we expect from a partner and want in return, i wouldnt beat yourself up about if it was a proper relationship or not as at the time perhaps that is what worked for you and you can take everything you have learnt good and bad into your next relationship.

xx