Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going to Hairdressers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After a few pieces of advice if anyone can help......

Basically Ive always had a kinda problem with salons, hairdressers etc - not sure if thats common on not but anyway I just tend to let my hair grow a bit then cut it down to a crew cut with the clippers! However am getting bored with this and feel its not looking as good as it could doing things this way so am thinking of making an appointment with a hairdresser/stylist (are they the same thing?!).

I know the sort of style I want so can I just take a picture of this in? I want the sort of messed up look - best example I can find is Alex from BB3 if you can remember that? http://www.smartass.org.uk/alexsibley.htm shows what I mean.

But I mean I know nothing about that cut - is that the same length all over anyway? and what does it look like has been used to give it that messed up look with the hold?

Just basically not sure how to go about things........!

Comments

• Options
    Just tell your hairdresser that you're not very good at describing what you want but you have a photo, and if they're a good hairdresser then they'll tell you wether or not you'll actually suit the style and if it can be done with your hair.

If you do get it cut into that style then ask for advice on how to recreate the look and what products will work best :)
  • Options
    Well if it doesn't turn out how you want, just get the clippers out again!
  • Options
    right

Just go into a decent hairdressers and show them the picture, if the hairdressers any good, then they can sort you out right away. Because being hairdressers they should've been keeping up with mordern styles and stuff.

That cut looks pretty simple, it's just the styling after that you need to get right. It looks like he's just got some wax and fussed around with his hair for a bit and made it look all.. well messed up. You could ask the hairdresser what to use on ur hair specifically.. So dont worry about it.

Well the thing is with hair, is that it's always gonna grow back. So even if it does go wrong, it wont matter in a few weeks or so. Some hairdressers wont ever get you what you want exactly, you just gotta keep trying.