Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mates Girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best friends girlfriend appears to be coming onto me.

Back in May aload of us went out one night. Someone was driving so we drew straws to see who would get a lift to the club. Anway id bleached my hair and all she kept saying was "what colour are your pubes then" so i told her that there would be only one way she would see. She grabbed my leg but before anything else happened we arrived at the destination. Nothing more was said and i thought that maybe she had had too much to drink.

Anyway i saw her again for the first time a few weeks again (because of exams and her and my mate going on holiday). We met up for a drink in the pub because i was going away the next day. We were talking about some TV show when she says to me "i wish i was going out with someone like you so i could sit down and watch it together at night". Didnt think much about it cause my mate hates everything on tv so shes bound to say that. Abit later my mate went to th bar and id said id have the house to myself one weekend so she wispered to me "if your lonely you know who to call".

Ive got back off my hol's and im kinda worrid about the situation, any advice

Comments

• Options
    You know what to do.
  • Options
    Dont even go there!!!
  • Options
    she sounds like a right slag, do the right thing and stay away from her!
    If she carries on you may want to tell your mate, but then again that may cause more harm than good. so just tell her where to go!
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    . Anway id bleached my hair and all she kept saying was "what colour are your pubes then" so i told her that there would be only one way she would see. She grabbed my leg but before anything else happened we arrived at the destination.

tbh don't think it was necessary for you to say 'there's only one way to find out'..or words to that effect. could've been seen as leading her on. but either way i'd tell your mate and do your best to ignore her advances.
  • Options
    tbh don't think it was necessary for you to say 'there's only one way to find out'..or words to that effect. could've been seen as leading her on. but either way i'd tell your mate and do your best to ignore her advances.

Depends on relationship with her you have. You could say that as a bit of banter depends on what type of humour you have whether it comes across as innocent or flirting.
  • Options
    The first couple of instances sound like friendly banter to me (as someone above mentioned) but her suggestion in the pub is a little inappropriate. Try to stay away from her if you can, that's all I'd suggest. Don't tell your mate unless she actually says or does something that can't be explained away as a joke, which this could easily be.
  • Options
    if you're going to have a word with anyone, have a word with her.

if you mention it to your mate, and it turns out she's only having a laugh, you'll look like a right plonker.

next time you're on your own with her and she says something suggestive, you could just say something like, 'i hope you're joking, i wouldn't do that to a mate'. if she was trying to come on to you, she should get the message. if she's just playing around, at least she'll know you're a good friend to your buddy.