Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weird sicky bug

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok this morning, i was feeling ok and have been fine for ages - ate 2 slices of toast then a few minutes later i was doubled over in agonising stomache ache and had to run to the toilet....also i came close to vomiting.
How could some toast bring this on?? :confused: I dont feel too bad now, just drained. But i daren't eat anything yet incase it comes back.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    It could just be a bug going around, and having food in your stomach may have triggered it.

If you can't stand the thought of food for a while, make sure you stay hydrated with water, or ice chips. Fresh peach and pear juices can also soothe an upset tum.
  • Options
    TRhis is what my parents think I had on Tuesday. One question, after I vomitted I had sore ribs. Is this normal? And should I have really eaten something before vomitting?(I was feeling sick an hour or so before) Now, I'm fine apart from feeling hot all the time.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    ok this morning, i was feeling ok and have been fine for ages - ate 2 slices of toast then a few minutes later i was doubled over in agonising stomache ache and had to run to the toilet....also i came close to vomiting.
    How could some toast bring this on?? :confused: I dont feel too bad now, just drained. But i daren't eat anything yet incase it comes back.
    Any ideas?

i get this kind of thing when my IBS is bad. like mini attack of pain and nausea and an urgent need to go to the loo. could be something like this, if not a bug? it normally passes quite quickly, within hours.

just keep hydrated and eat lightly when you start to feel hungry and see how it goes.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i get this kind of thing when my IBS is bad. like mini attack of pain and nausea and an urgent need to go to the loo. could be something like this, if not a bug? it normally passes quite quickly, within hours.

just keep hydrated and eat lightly when you start to feel hungry and see how it goes.
    what's IBS? i haven't eaten since because i haven't really felt the need but i've been drinking water
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    what's IBS?

irritable bowel syndrome. nowt serious, it just means my bowels are a bit temperamental. lovely.
    i haven't eaten since because i haven't really felt the need but i've been drinking water

that's fab. my doc always says your body will tell you when it is better after such things, cause you'll start to feel hungry. if you don't have much of an appetite it's usually best not to force it. keep on with the water (and try clear soups or dilute squash if you're bored) and wait it out until you feel better, and hungry.
  • Options
    i still haven't eaten anything, but i know my mum will make me try today - i've noticed my hands are trembling slightly, would this be from lack of food?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i still haven't eaten anything, but i know my mum will make me try today - i've noticed my hands are trembling slightly, would this be from lack of food?

You should try to eat something.
  • Options
    well i've been eating little and often all day and i feel pretty much better now :)