Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried about my qualifications

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm abit worried about getting in to uni in 2006 at the moment I'm doing a Art Foudation Course in September but for the past three years i have been running on luck, I only got 4 GCSE at grade C but I got into 6th form to do 3 A/S levels and in the end I got C/D/U and I have just finshed doing 2 A-levels
Art and Design and Photography, and I got into a Art foundation course because the guy running it seemed to think I was a "strong charactor" and he didnt seem to mind about my grades as long as I got a Pass, but heres what worrys me...

1. The art foundation collage is asking for all of my GCSE certs. (because I only have 4 out of 5) however this seems to be the least of my worries...

2. I'm worried that my grades may come back to haunt me, so would taking a ICS course (GCSE in Italian) be good to bumb up my grades before enroling into an Photography HND course

p.s the ICS GCSE is the only course I could find for Italian, I would like to work there after I left uni
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about your A level marks to be honest, well depends where you go. I got into uni with a D and an E and also an AS at grade E. I would ring the places you hope to do your course someone there will be able to help you better. Also try and get a copy of your 5th GCSE certificate.
  • Options
    I mean is that I dont have that 5th C+ grade.

P.S what where the requirments for you course?
  • Options
    I had several interviews to get onto an art foundation course, and was judged purely on my portfolio.

If you have a strong portfolio, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ilora x
  • Options
    did you go on to do a "art" based course after?
  • Options
    Bitty wrote:
    did you go on to do a "art" based course after?
    Not this year, but I'm planning to do the Art foundation course either this sept or next. Not sure yet.

I did however take up Dressmaking and Jewellery and Silversmithing part time :)

Ilora x
  • Options
    thats good, I'm on the course. just I'm worried when I do a BA/HND,etc in 2006
  • Options
    Bitty wrote:
    thats good, I'm on the course. just I'm worried when I do a BA/HND,etc in 2006
    Well, I've had 2 interviews for 2 BA degrees and was told that I'd definitely be accepted if I was to complete the foundation course...

Ilora x