Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Absolutely nothing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm kinda sick of spending the whole summer alone. The only thing i've done is: sleep, rant, philosophise, shit, eat, piss and why not insert breathe while we're at it.

My question is, why is this. I look around, other people i know do not suffer from this. Of course i haven't asked them personally but i can state that without doubt.

what do you do when you feel this way. When you have absolutely nothing/no one to do/be with.

Comments

• Options
    I've felt the same over the last coupla weeks since while on my six weeks holidays - ALL my friends apart from me have gone on holiday. Most of them aren't back til next week. I've ended up doing the same too - moping around the house, watching daytime TV, and coming on here. I think i've been out properly about three times in three weeks. I dont have any suggestions though... i could probably do with some myself..
  • Options
    I'm doing the same and have been for a while now till Uni ended. Luckily I've finally got myself a job interview next week so hoping that'll make things much better :) If nothing else it'll pass the time!
  • Options
    yep im doin the same as you lot but today i did 1000 skips with a rope and yes it is very tiring unlike these little 5 yr old girls who can only do 10. im a real man lol but working out it alrite. i went to the beach with sum hot girls yday so that makes up for a bit of it ---> " i should rub some suntan lotion on you otherwise you'll get burnt?" sssst
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I'm kinda sick of spending the whole summer alone. The only thing i've done is: sleep, rant, philosophise, shit, eat, piss and why not insert breathe while we're at it.

My question is, why is this. I look around, other people i know do not suffer from this. Of course i haven't asked them personally but i can state that without doubt.

what do you do when you feel this way. When you have absolutely nothing/no one to do/be with.

you do more than i do

well i do have a job iguess
  • Options
    you have to make an effort tho aswell!!!
  • Options
    If you sit at home doing nothing then you won't meet anyone.

Instead of moaning about it you need to break the cycle. Get a job. Volunteer. Join a club.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you sit at home doing nothing then you won't meet anyone.

Instead of moaning about it you need to break the cycle. Get a job. Volunteer. Join a club.
    That would be my advice too.
  • Options
    what kermit said
  • Options
    the thing is, I am still 14, and if i've gotten it right, summer jobs are available for 15+.

I really try to converse but it is simply futile. All concludes to a lonely evening infront of my pc, tv and books
  • Options
    do some volunteer work like in a hospital thats what im going to do if i can get round to actually calling them
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    the thing is, I am still 14, and if i've gotten it right, summer jobs are available for 15+.

You could volunteer at any age though. It gets you out of the house, and it gets you meeting people.

And not all volunteering is feeding scones to old ladies.
    I really try to converse but it is simply futile.

If you expect it to fail then it will do. You will perceive it as a snub if the person isn't immediately your new best friend.

I've said this before, but it's true. You have to be friends with yourself before you can be friends with anyone else.
  • Options
    appreciated, noted