Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

My mother died today.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, my mum did that once. Hurts like a bitch. Over the years the pain does fade.

You have my sympathies, and some advice - cry. Cry long, cry loud, cry in private and cry in public. Scream, shout and curse. You don't have to 'brave'.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you people.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Really sorry for you and your family.

Dont even know what else to say.

Thoughts are with you xx
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that. Thinking of you xx
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon, I can't imagine how it feels.
  • Options
    My thoughts are with you.

Blessings,

MoonRat
    xx
  • Options
    First and foremost, my deepest sympathies Skive. I know how unbearable it is losing a close family member. Earlier this year my dad died of cancer, but what helped me get through it was by trying to stay focussed on things I needed to do - like school, and also when I had time to think about it, I would try to look on the bright side. When my aunt died of cancer a year ago she suffered terribly, and dying was nothing but a release for her.

So when complications with my dad's cancer meant he died earlier than he would have I saw that it had spared him from a long suffering ordeal. He was only in hospital for 2 days, thankfully.

Since then the sense of loss, and pain, hasn't faded. I still miss him just as much, if not more now - but over time you can get back into normal life and doing normal things. Just going out with friends and being able to enjoy yourself was a big thing for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though it seems like the end (well it did to me) life does go on and things do get better.

My thoughts are with you and your family Skive
    Rich
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that...
  • Options
    aww u poor thing! **big hugs**
  • Options
    First and foremost, my deepest sympathies Skive. I know how unbearable it is losing a close family member. Earlier this year my dad died of cancer, but what helped me get through it was by trying to stay focussed on things I needed to do - like school, and also when I had time to think about it, I would try to look on the bright side. When my aunt died of cancer a year ago she suffered terribly, and dying was nothing but a release for her.

So when complications with my dad's cancer meant he died earlier than he would have I saw that it had spared him from a long suffering ordeal. He was only in hospital for 2 days, thankfully.

Since then the sense of loss, and pain, hasn't faded. I still miss him just as much, if not more now - but over time you can get back into normal life and doing normal things. Just going out with friends and being able to enjoy yourself was a big thing for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though it seems like the end (well it did to me) life does go on and things do get better.

My thoughts are with you and your family Skive
    Rich

Shyboy, most sorry to hear of your loss too. Glad things are slowly picking up.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. A friend's dad died of lung cancer a few weeks ago. The death of a parent is a day you hope will never come. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    Since then the sense of loss, and pain, hasn't faded. I still miss him just as much, if not more now
    it took more than 3 years before I stopped regularly crying in my sleep
  • Options
    ***big hug*** xxxx
  • Options
    *hugs* to you Skive.