Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair. Please help!

Hiya!!
I got my hair cut on monday and now it's a little longer than my shoulders, (brown hair btw) which has been layerd using a razer cut and a slight side fringe. I wanna make my hair look kinda messy like the woman did monday but i just cant seem to get it right, i've some gel but not really sure how to use it to get the messed up effect i want, any one got any tips? Thanks!! x

(I'll get a pic up if i can)

:heart: SaraH :heart:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    gel probably wouldn't work, you'd need something lighter. you can get messed up gum stuff, think vo5 do one. then just spritz a bit of hairspray in to keep it the way you want it. but if you still have no luck..or don't want to spend a fortune trying out different hair products, ask your hairdresser how she did it. but, always remember that you'll never get it the same as the hairdressers do! :no:
  • Options
    I got some Bed Head stuff - called Rubber Rage, it's like seperator for your layers - you only need to use a tiny bit though or it makes your hair greasy. Just run it through the ends of your hair/layers and it defines them. Definitely never put it near your roots though or you'll be Grease McGreason. Think I paid about £8 for it, but it lasts forever.

Otherwise, the best thing is to ask at the hairdressers.
  • Options
    but, always remember that you'll never get it the same as the hairdressers do! :no:

I know! I hate that. They fool us into thinking that us mere mortals can have nice hair. Its not true-it never looks quite as good, unless you have about 4 hours to spend doing it every day.

Mousse can get you volume, if you are looking for that, and the messed up gum stuff can work if you play about with it. I think.
  • Options
    when drying with a hairdryer, apply messy uppy product stuff, tip your head forward, and shake it all about like the hokey kokey, with your hands while pointing the hairdryer sideways into it
  • Options
    I know! I hate that. They fool us into thinking that us mere mortals can have nice hair. Its not true-it never looks quite as good, unless you have about 4 hours to spend doing it every day.

you want to go to my old hairdresser. cuts were fine, but they sucked so badly at finishing. it was actually a relief when you did it yourself at home.
  • Options
    thanks evey1!! btw i know i would never get it like the hairdressers (unfortunatly..)

:heart: SaraH :heart: