Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Racially Agrovated Anger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im not really sure how to go about this, i will give a bit of background information first.

I live in a town where there is a large asian (mostly of pakistani origins) population. The young lads often hang around in large groups, attack people, usually hurling racist abuse. Even after the bombings they continue to do this.

I was invited into a group convo on msn, which contained some asians and some white people. Who were argueing, im not sure who started the arguement. But both sides were being incredibly racist. The asians were going on about how they beat white bastards every day and how they think the bombings were right and what not.

There is all this about how muslims should not be blamed for this and i agree they should not. But i can see where people come from, especially round here, when they express such hatrid. You have the media telling you its wrong, then you cant go into town cause u will get mugged. I asked them why they are racist and how they expect racism to combat racism, but they ignored and told me they were going to kill me etc etc.

It makes me angry, i want to go out and hurt them all, a lot. I dont know how to deal with this anger. What do i do?

(im not really sure wher to post this)

Comments

• Options
    It's tempting to want to hurt them back. But I really don't think there is any point.
  • Options
    When does it end tho? How far must it go before something is done?
  • Options
    What a load of BS! Do they think every person on that tube/bus was white? Racism never does anyone any good. I don't think it will end.
  • Options
    These thugs just happen to be Asian they aren't thugs because they are Asian.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    These thugs just happen to be Asian they aren't thugs because they are Asian.

very true :yes:
  • Options
    sounds to me like they're typical teenage lads trying to look hard and scare you, but i would be careful when you go out.
  • Options
    There are A LOT more asians going around fucking people up than white people. How did they become so racist? Obviously an authority figure is unfluencing them.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    There are A LOT more asians going around fucking people up than white people. How did they become so racist? Obviously an authority figure is unfluencing them.

oh come on man, sort your head out. there are thugs and criminals from all races, the statement you just made does not hold any water what so ever. next news you'll be passing the white hoods around.

get a grip people, seem to be a lot of bad thoughts going round these boards.
  • Options
    *makes no sense now after a post was deleted*
  • Options
    As has been said before, you want to make a personal opinion Johnny then make it clear that's what your doing - you want to spout something as if it's a fact then you need to produce some evidence of what you're saying. If you can't find any evidence then you'll need to think about what's true and what's your own prejudice.
  • Options
    And as a further point, the reality is that many people in Northern towns are feeling a sense of racial division, now that's no excuse for racist posts, but it must be an issue that can be discussed on these boards, especially given recent events such as the bombings, but the murder of Anthony Walker, the use of bomb images by the BNP, and events such as the attack on 3 asian youths by 60 - 100 youths in a racist attack in Oldham.

I'd say that the message from Systemfailure is appropriate, Jonny8888 isn't, just because one is an opinion for discussion, one is an apparant statement of fact.
  • Options
    In terms of pure number of crimes early twenties white males are the group which deserve focus anyway.
  • Options
    Excuse the apparent irony of this post but the idea of 'racism' is culturally quite a western one.

Where ghettoisation occurs, it's no wonder that racism flourishes, both for cultural reasons; and because people tend to have less contact with people of other cultures/skin colours/beliefs and thus view them with suspicion.
  • Options
    Excuse the apparent irony of this post but the idea of 'racism' is culturally quite a western one.

Well sort of, though its not like in other places they dont irrationally hate each other too, they just find slightly different reasons.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    though its not like in other places they dont irrationally hate each other too, they just find slightly different reasons.

That's not what I meant. In a lot of places I've lived/visited they don't see anything wrong with hating people simply because they are culturally different/have different coloured skin.

For example, I work with an Afro-Caribbean lady who constantly goes on about how lazy Africans are, how you can't trust Indians and how homosexuals should be shot. She's constantly singling out groups who should be 'sent home'. Whilst I concede that she may be an anomaly, it has not been my experience that this is the case. We, in the western middle class, have been brought up to assume that all people are of equal value - this is not necessarily the default position of the human race...in fact it seems the exact opposite.
  • Options
    ghettoism does occur in towns such as mine, both from the whites and from the ethnic minorities, i suppose this doesnt help the balance of cultures, coming from a pretty liberal family i myself have never had any problems dealing with any race whatsoever, i do have friends however who see it as a "us and them" situation as they havent had as much contact with other races as perhaps myself has.

this is where racism brews, and im sure its just the same with other ethnic groups. its just a shame that people have to make up some pointless facts to mask their hatred.
  • Options
    I do have to agree tho, people dont just become racist, it would become clear somewhere along the line these individuals have become influenced by someone. The only problem is, not matter who i go to about this problem, its just brushed under the table and said its not something to discuss at this time or its just due to the massive rise in antisocial behavour. Yes, the rise in anti social behavoir in the UK does have something to do with it, but thats still no reason to hate white people.

All this talk that is trying to prevent anti muslim behavoir just isnt going to work in places like this. Something has to be done before its too late, but how exactly the situation can be resolved im not sure.

Also, if someone could help me out.. i need someone to do abit of translation for me. Im wondering chat exactly "[23:41:21] ®»»-G- 4- N-: allah hafiz boiz" that means.
  • Options
    Well you said yourself there was a huge amount of racism on both sides, so what do you think made the white people involved racist? Which individual was responsible for that?
  • Options
    Im not trying to blame a specific side or individual. What im trying to say is, both sides will continue to be racist to people who arent, in time turning them racist. Both sides hatred is being fueled. Those who try to prevent it are out numbered greatly by those encouraging it.
  • Options
    well in the area i live in and surrounding areas which have suffered from quite highly publicised race riots and stuff i can honestly say things are no better or no worse then they have ever been. its not a breeding ground for racists etc...you find racist people in all walks of life, from royalty to hobo's.
  • Options
    a lot of white liberals i have come into contact with ( especially in higher education institutions ) have this blinkered mentality that racism is solely composed of whites discriminating against '' ethnic minorities ''. the reality is somewhat different; when i lived in london i witnessed first hand afro carribeans who hated africans and were absolutely blatant about it; these guys at school would abuse this african lad in front of the teachers because they knew that it would not be seen as racist, and consequently nothing would be done. as the originator of this thread stated, the asians were racist and threatening, but i'll guarantee some wet liberal will be happy to excuse this as justified anger at white racism, blairs foreign policy, something that was done to their ancestors 110 years ago during the empire etc. if everyone condemned racism in any form, perpetrated by ANY INDIVIDUAL / GROUP, then we might have a good chance of achieving racial harmony, but while white liberals wallow in their post-imperial guilt and turn a blind eye to the rest of the racists, it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    Exactly. The situation is only deteriorating, when it gets to a point when something is done about it it will be far too late. I know i may put views forward in a way that some of you mite not aprove of, but everyone just seems to blinded by this whole thing. It really pisses me off.
  • Options
    I dont know about that. I think people are quite aware of the situation just chose not to do anything about it. I mean how far must it go until something is done. Already the local most mosque has been burnt and the VE flags and stuff dececratted. How long will it be till people are very seriously injured? or perhaps killed?
  • Options
    that's true, but the people who are acutely aware of it are the people who live in those areas, whereas the people who dream up the '' solutions '' live nowhere near. youve only got to look at the current situation and the pathetic way in which the government is responding. hazel blears thinks, '' i know, i'll ask the dear old minority communities if they want to be called a different name, that'll do the trick! '' i wish some of the leaders of these minorities would stand up and say fuck off liberals, stop patronising us with political correctness, it doesnt do any good whatsoever, just fuels the bnp. it doesnt seem to have happened though.
  • Options
    Major Tom wittering on about those nasty liberals- what a surprise.

Jonny8888 being a racist - what a surprise.

Black people are criminals too! I never knew that, I'm so glad that the Stormfront troll told me that.

Some people are racist. It doesn't matter what colour skin they have, some people are racist.

I'm from Bradford. There are problems. Who causes them?
    The poor Bangladeshis and Pakistanis.
    The poor Eastern European peoples.
    The poor white English people.

Does anybody spot a recurring theme there? You don't see Pakistani doctors mugging people, you don't see the wealthy Bangladeshi people beating people up in the street. You do see the poor white people doing those things too, just as much. I wonder what conclusions someone can draw from that?

Whether the anger is justified or not is irrelevant. The white council estaters blame the Asians for all their problems, and the poor Asians blame the whites. That is the crux of the problem. Both sides are socially disaffected and so will mug, rob, steal and fight.

To state that social disaffection, and the anger it engenders, is the problem behind racial tensions does not make one a "wet liberal".
    To state that its hard to have racial tension from only one side does not make one a "wet liberal". It's good to see that the racists on this forum have stuck true to form and blamed everything on the ethnic communities though.

Misogyny and homophobia do appear to be problems in black and Asian cultures. But I defy anyone- least of all that misogynist and homophobe Major Tom- to try and claim that "Western" culture is any more tolerant.
  • Options
    Though the comments beg the question - who is coming up with solutions, or do think that if liberals didn't exsist there would be no racism?
  • Options
    Kermit - seriously, I don't need an attempt at discussing these issues to descend into you trolling users. You make some good points, but surrounding it with insults and personal attacks just makes a joke out of anything you might say.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Though the comments beg the question - who is coming up with solutions, or do think that if liberals didn't exsist there would be no racism?

A good start would be to demolish many of the 'sink hole' estates and start over afresh with decent social housing and investment in communities.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    A good start would be to demolish many of the 'sink hole' estates and start over afresh with decent social housing and investment in communities.

Although at the same time some people will always turn everywhere they live into a sink estate. Some people are just like that, to deny otherwise is a bit daft.

Oh, and I don't think slating Jonny8888 as an obvious racist is particularly unjustified. Although its that obvious he is it doesn't add much to a discussion.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Although at the same time some people will always turn everywhere they live into a sink estate. Some people are just like that, to deny otherwise is a bit daft.

Certainly, there will always be angry people who want to break things, but they can be the minority.

If people look about them and feel they have something to loose they are far far more likely to involve themselves in the community and take pride in it.