Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

'Lil help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me
18. Male. Non drinker, non smoker
I'm soon to be going to my local university (already did a year away and didn't like it) studying Maths, living in a big house with my best friend and his girlfriend.
I have sent comedy scripts into BBC and Channel 4 and am expecting responses within the month, so may not be going to university at all, if they decide to buy then (I am hopeful)
I've had 3 girlfriends, 2 were serious (with sex- a long way into the relationship), the 3rd was a bit of a mess that I was glad to get out of it, in all honesty. Thankfully we didn't have sex and I managed to keep my tally as low as possible

The girl
I have only met her once, through a friend of a friend at a very small gathering. She was very beautiful and caught my attention almost immediately. She is 2 years below me in terms of academic years, but is actually little less than a year younger. She doesn't drink either, is a little weird (like me) and seems to be very suited to my character. As far as I know she is single. The one time we did meet, I seemed to be able to make her laugh very easily, which is always a good thing

I haven't seen her for nearly 3 weeks now, but I have thought about her quite a lot. I have a phone number for her friend, and I was considering texting/phoning her to get some contact details

The doubts in my mind are as follows

-I don't know for certain that she is single, and I don't have a way of immediately finding out
-It might strike her as slightly obsessive if I just contact her out of the blue, after 3 weeks or so of having not seen her
-I am not sure of the impression that I left upon her, she may have just thought that I was weird (most people I meet seem to think that)
-I would not wish to embarass her
-Contacting her friend to get her number would seem a little rude

Usually such things would not bother me, but I seem to be stuck for ideas this time round. Clearly she had a strong impact on me, but I wouldn't want to make her awkward if I had not had the same impression on her

Any ideas?

-Leth

Comments

• Options
    lethifold wrote:
    Contacting her friend to get her number would seem a little rude
    why? if you explained why you wanted it?!
  • Options
    Well, I have always had a thing against using people to get information or favours from, it's just something that bugs me. I guess I could explain it, but I hardly know her friend, so it would be weird even doing that
  • Options
    well... can you see another way around it?!
    i'm sure her friend wouldn't mind you asking... even if she said no to giving it you.
    its your loss if you don't make your move. :p
  • Options
    I think you are probably right. I have no problems in dealing with a relationship once involved in one... but it's getting into them that I find impossibly difficult
  • Options
    Why not give your number to the friend and ask if she would mind passing it on for you, that way if she feels uncomfortable giving you her friends number you still have the oppertunity for contacting the lady you like.
  • Options
    just talk to your friend/her friend and say something like "hey your know ur friend (insert name here) well i really liked and would like to get to know her more. would be alrite if you could (insert how you would like her to contact the other girl) for me. its the only way to contact her without seeming a little weird. dont worry if you dont want to i understand". and hey presto finito!! include the i understand bit coz it shows your considerate to ?weirdness? i guess
  • Options
    Ok, so I have her number. Now the challenge of finding something interesting and original to do

Will consider all suggestions...
  • Options
    hmmm this is the harder part i suppose as you dont really want to come on tooo strong or come out of the blue like a ?stalker? but you would probs have to see wot other people say about it i wouldnt really know. or pretend that you got the wrong number and say "o hey yeh we met at (insert name here)'s party/gathering a while. so how have you been?" maybe it would work
  • Options
    That was very well structured.
  • Options
    ahh yes i think so Junker. dont knock it till you try it my friend