Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

quick question for girls that work out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a quick question and i guess its fashion....

why do all the females at my gym who wear sweat/tracksuit pants turn over the waist band around the top so their label sticks out....at least 3 out 5 seem to do this, whatever the style of pants they do it. ive noticed it for the last year or so and have now decided to find out...

Comments

• Options
    ive never been to the gym before in my life, but maybe its to make the waistband lsit lower, i have to do that with my work trousers so that they dont sit on my waist, i cant stand wearing bottoms on my waist, yet if u just wear them lower without folding the top over, the crotch hangs too low!!

so yeh thats why i think they do it
  • Options
    Yup, I do that coz the crotch is like at my ankles otherwise and it aint very comfy.
  • Options
    I always fold mines over because tracksuit bottoms don't come in different lengths and my legs are so short they trail on the ground otherwise, dunno about other people though.
  • Options
    i've only a little bum..many trousers that you'd wear for the gym seem to be made with people with larger bums in mind. therefore they sag quite a lot in that area so folding the waist band over makes it look/feel nicer without having to pull them up and give myself a wedgy!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    just a quick question and i guess its fashion....

why do all the females at my gym who wear sweat/tracksuit pants turn over the waist band around the top so their label sticks out....at least 3 out 5 seem to do this, whatever the style of pants they do it. ive noticed it for the last year or so and have now decided to find out...

Because they think you'll be impressed by their labels. Pitty them.
  • Options
    I think I do that, or at least I have in the past (though my gym-trips are few and far between!).

I've tended to do it mid-work out when I start to feel a bit sweaty and disgusting; it just feels more comfortable for some reason. I suppose it also makes me feel like they're on more securely...as strange as that sounds!

I guess other people do it simply because, like others have said, their pants are falling down or something :p
  • Options
    I haven't worn tracksuit bottoms out of the house since high school but I do have a couple of pairs (from high school) that I wear around the house and as I usually wear them without shoes they are slightly to long, so turning them up at the waist making them shorter.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Because they think you'll be impressed by their labels. Pitty them.

what, my sexy cherokee or reebok label?