Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a problem.

I have a good friend, who i do spend a lot of time with. The problem is, where ever we go, every girl we meet, wants him. It makes it extremly difficult to pick up any girls or get into a relatinship with anyone. Sitting around hearing them go on about how great he is seems to agrovate me quite a bit. I am quite a strong person, a lot stronger than him and in several circumstances have seriously hurt him - usually under the influence of alcohol - out of jealousy. Obviously, we are good friends and have discussed this and cant seem to come to a solution to the problem. As wrong as what i do is, it doesnt change the fact thats the way it is n thers nowt i can do about. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what i can do?

Comments

• Options
    if you want to pick up girls, just go out with another friend.
  • Options
    use humour. im not that the most slick guy when it comes to picking up girls! like at parties most of my mates got girls but then im usually not with a girl (as in pulling) but i dont really mind coz the girls im with are laughing coz im making them laugh and you do get some stuf like theyll b all ova me but not pullin but hey cnt complain without trying. i hav to turn on my A game for the real girl i like!! yeh jus make something about u stand out from ur friend. introduce yourself first show them ur personality
  • Options
    Do something that makes you more appealing than your mate.
  • Options
    I think you have got to decide whether it's worth throwing away your friendship based on this problem.
  • Options
    Could be worse, I have to go out without my mate to meet new women, but when I go out with them the invariably end up meeting him and are all over him and never stop talking about him. I've never had a girlfriend that didn't say how much they fancied him.

Can be a bit of a bummer! :(