Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Spicing up a long term relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anybody got any hints and tips to spice up a long term relationship?? At the moment i am in no way bored of my b.f or our relationship, just abit bored of the routine that we're stuck in. And, i want to try to solve this problem before it grows+it starts to affect my feeling for my partner!
Any advice, especially from those who are married (as im assuming that you will have been together a good few years, and so will have more experience in relationships than me!)
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    The easiest and best way to "spice up" a relationship is simply to make the time to do things together that you enjoy loads. Simple things often work well, we make the effort to go out and have a meal and a few drinks and spend some proper time together, away from the banality of whose turn it is to do the washing up and the ironing.

Spending weekends away also does the same trick, but is obviously more expensive. If you want some private time to have fun then it's a very good idea.

Routine of working does tend to do this with relationships. The original excitement from the newness goes, but that doesn't mean what's left is boring.
  • Options
    What I did with my ex when we got bored was go to the Zoo, bring over old photographs, go to museums, have walks, go swimming. Just anything. A good train ride into the country with a brisk walk works wonders! Make sure you get some booze for hte train ride down :p
  • Options
    Hi

Kind of what the others have said. We try to get out and still go on 'dates'.

Sometimes go out for dinner, or to the zoo, bowling, go to a town you've never been to before or any other fun days out.

Basically anything interesting that you've never done together before...
  • Options
    grab her by the wrist, say, "come here" take her upstairs, make her take her clothes off, (all without telling her what's going on) & treat her to a nice massage :)

actually, supprise anything works;
    tell her you're taking her out for dinner
    give her flowers
    try and be a little bit spontaneous occasionally :)
  • Options
    replicant, im a girl! but thanx for your suggestions, i spose they can work both ways, except maybe the flowers! LOL!!
    We're going out tonite, just a last minute thing, so should be good!!
  • Options
    replicant, im a girl!

oops! sorry, I only read your post, didn't look at your very-obviously girly username and picture! :blush:
  • Options
    i want to be surprised. my bf did surprise me once and we went to the zoo, was a lovely day. my friend's bf is taking her away this weekend for their anniversary and it's a secret. i wouldn't know what to pack!
  • Options
    i want to be surprised. my bf did surprise me once and we went to the zoo, was a lovely day. my friend's bf is taking her away this weekend for their anniversary and it's a secret. i wouldn't know what to pack!

:lol:

I'd never do that... or atleast, I might, but I'd give her prior warning, my gf'd be pretty annoyed if I didnt give her enough time to pack :lol:
  • Options
    Best relationship i ever had was with a guy who surprised me all the time.It was greatSometimes it was really big things like taking me places and out to dinner and stuff at the drop of a hat,but the things that meant more to me were his hand picked flowers,the poetry he would write about me,buying me underwear,cooking me dinner,playing songs to me.
    Ahhh i love surprises.
    Id be lucky if i got surprised with a bag of chips off my current blokey.
    Romance is definatly dead :(
  • Options
    Id be lucky if i got surprised with a bag of chips off my current blokey.
    Romance is definatly dead :(

Do you ever surprise him with something nice?
  • Options
    I took my boyfriend away for his birthday as a surprise, but I made him a little list telling him exactly what to pack..........I couldnt stand the idea of not having a clue what to pack!!! Aah! The stress!!!
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote:
    Do you ever surprise him with something nice?

Aye.
    The thought and effort that i put into it are usually wasted.
    Le sigh.
  • Options
    Aye.
    The thought and effort that i put into it are usually wasted.
    Le sigh.

then I feel for you.
    I've been there and when the romance is only ever one way it can be a bit soul destroying
  • Options
    Replicant, hey i'm a girl too, but wouldn't mind trying this out! :naughty:
  • Options
    He sounds sweet. How come you never stayed with him if you loved him so much? (I'm assuming you are the one who finished him, sorry if I'm wrong)
    I was still quite young 15/16 and he was a few years older.He had a bad cocaine habit which i thought i could help him thru but i couldnt.Put a big strain on the relationship plus his mate had a rather large soft spot for me which he refused to keep quiet about.So yes your right,i finished with him.
    It was a dear shame because hes got his act together now and im sure if we were together now he could possibly be "the one".
    Same old cliche really : Right person,wrong time.
  • Options
    Bdsm