Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Throat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For about a week the back of my throat has been coated in white gunk, and I feel like there are small white lumps there. I've had a look with a torch and can see a couple of white lumps. A few people have told me that they used to get something similar when they were children.

Today I went to see a nurse practitioner at my local NHS walk in centre type place and she looked in my throat and said it was fine as there aren't any white spots. I thought that was odd as only an hour before there had been loads. I told her this and she kinda ignored me and went on to listen to my chest.

Having had a look this evening there are currently two white spots on the back of my throat, but nothing on my tonsils.

Has anyone else had anything like this? I do vaguely remember coughing up strange white lumps when I was younger and this seems to be the same kinda thing. Hopefully the nurse would have spotted if I needed any treatment for it, so I'm not too worried from that respect, just puzzled as to what they are as nobody seems to know!

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a second opinion is required. If you've seen something and the nurse hasn't left you satisfied then why not ask someone at work to help?
  • Options
    Sounds like a second opinion is required. If you've seen something and the nurse hasn't left you satisfied then why not ask someone at work to help?

I'm off sick at the moment for something unrelated, or I'd be in their in the morning sticking a tongue depressor in the doctors hand, believe me! ;)

The nurse said I could go back if I got worse, which I haven't. I've got an URTI, which is fair enough I accept it's viral, but the weird lumpy spot things are irritating me as I can feel them there all the time! People I've spoken to see to know what I'm on about but noboy knows what they are
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I'm off sick at the moment for something unrelated, or I'd be in their in the morning sticking a tongue depressor in the doctors hand, believe me! ;)

The nurse said I could go back if I got worse, which I haven't. I've got an URTI, which is fair enough I accept it's viral, but the weird lumpy spot things are irritating me as I can feel them there all the time! People I've spoken to see to know what I'm on about but noboy knows what they are
    I had that and was told by my GP it was a throat infection. Go for a second opinion me thinks.
  • Options
    I had that and was told by my GP it was a throat infection. Go for a second opinion me thinks.

Sore throat comes with a URTI but it's viral so doesn't need antibiotics.