Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

friends !!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my good friend get on really well . and ive started to like him. i think he does the same but im worried im jus thinking he does. i wanna know but i dont know wot to say and i dont want to be wrong and ruin our friendship ! :nervous: help !

Comments

• Options
    do u have any mutual friends you could maybe talk to? id approach this very carefully, as you dont wana lose the friendship!
  • Options
    i know i have got other friends i could talk to i jus dont know what to say im quite a shy person
  • Options
    yeh i kno how u feel i feel the same way bout my girl friend. if ur right then thats wicked but if ur wrong it puts ur relationship in a awkward position (ive found on experience) but u jus need 2 tlk 2 him about it real.
  • Options
    i do want to but he's quite shy too and i dunno wot to say to him like you said if im wrong its made our friendship very awkward !
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    if ur wrong it puts ur relationship in a awkward position (ive found on experience)

*been there, done that* of course, it does depend on how your friend reacts and what you say to each other after you've told them how you feel...
  • Options
    What you should do is sit down and talk with him alone and see about each others feelings like young alduts and see if he feels the same, i know how your feel but the other way round.
  • Options
    we all seem to be or have been in the same position i think we should start a club!!! yeh well if ur friendship is that strong u should b able to overcome this even if u do tell him and its awkward for a short while. the benefits are amazin because i found that it has my relationship with this girl even stronger yet we do still love each other (well at least i hope she loves me too). not all love has to be sexual and ive found that ive preferred her as a friend than as a lover because we do more than lovers do (no not sex!!) but i cant explain how amazin is it to hav a friend like her!! hope this helps and i havent talked to much about me!!!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    What you should do is sit down and talk with him alone and see about each others feelings like young alduts and see if he feels the same, i know how your feel but the other way round.

I find this impossible to do! I always end up just telling this friend who has asked me out no and then that's it. Really hate sitting down and talking about stuff like this because in the past it has lead to arguments and me not wanting to talk to whoever I've jst told I fancy.
  • Options
    wel thats the only way to go because i didnt talk about it to this girl and we didnt talk for a whole year :crying: so if u want that i suggest talking is the best option. it may seem hard to do but the benefits are better i hope and u should feel relaxed about it really if ur that close friends
  • Options
    Why don't you take it one step at a time and invite him out somewhere, just the two of you, and see what happens.

It's possible to over-analyse everything and end up double-guessing yourself. Quite often the first instinct is right.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's possible to over-analyse everything and end up double-guessing yourself. Quite often the first instinct is right.
    yes this is tru