Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hhhmm...what should i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, some of you might remember a post i made about my best friend at the time being stupid and favouring her bf over me etc....well since then about 2 months ago she decided ''she didn't need me anymore because she had him'' so i just thought...fine and left her to get on with it and now im happy with the good friends that i've got, they've all got bfs but dont let it get in the way. Anyway....all this time i havent spoken to her, then just today i get an email off her saying ''hey how are you?''
Do you think she's trying to make ammends? I know im better off with the friends i have and i dont want to be friends again after what she did. Should i reply or just ignore it? What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    My brother always told me that no-one ever has so many good friends that they can't afford to have more. What harm would it do to give her another chance. Loads of people make this mistake with b/fs, maybe she's realised, and tbh, what makes you so perfect that you're to good to forgive her?
  • Options
    Shje's probably realised she hasn't spoken to you for ages.

reply, but how you reply depends on what you want from her in the future. Talk about you loads, and not much about her.
  • Options
    It's about the 10th time she's done this. She's decided ''she doesnt need me anymore'' loads of times, and eventually comes crawling back. Plus i didn't enjoy being her friend because she always put me down. I'm sick of forgiving her.
  • Options
    If she always lets you down then you ahve to consider what you get from her as a friend.

I'd still suggest being civil and replying, because its always easier to have acquaintances than enemies.
  • Options
    the problem is, i've answered her before without intending to become friends again but she always winds me back in - i've found it much happier to get on with my life and coping with my anxiety disorder without contact (she was never sympathetic about my disorder either)
  • Options
    Don't let yourself be bossed about then. I know its easier said than done, but don't let her boss you about.

It's easier to stay civil than not, it really is.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's easier to stay civil than not, it really is.

True.

Just reply, talk about the fun stuff you've been up to - just be nice but not over-friendly. No-one is going to make you be best buddies again, so just keep it nice and pleasant.
  • Options
    she also hung round me and other friends at lunchtime talking loudly about us to another girl - not nice things either, she's also sent me threatening notes accusing me of fancying her bf and calling her a slut (all total bollocks)....im not so sure i want to forgive her.
  • Options
    Maybe her bf's dumped her and she's realised what a bitch she's been. You can seek your revenge and tell her what you think about her.. (the fun way) or you can discuss things rationally and tell her how she upset you (the mature way).
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    she also hung round me and other friends at lunchtime talking loudly about us to another girl - not nice things either, she's also sent me threatening notes accusing me of fancying her bf and calling her a slut (all total bollocks)....im not so sure i want to forgive her.

Everytime someone makes a suggestion, you come back with some other reason why she's a rubbish mate.

I say, do what you want to do. It's clear you don't want to be her mate, so don't.
  • Options
    Everytime someone makes a suggestion, you come back with some other reason why she's a rubbish mate.

I say, do what you want to do. It's clear you don't want to be her mate, so don't.

:yes:

it obvious from your posts you don't want to, so don't.

there's no harm in being civil to her, as was said, but don't go out of your way to contact her. in my book, everyone deserves a second chance, but very few people deserve a third. sounds to me like she's run out of chances.