Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Re-occuring thrush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I keep getting thrush and the only cure I have found that works is Canesten duo.. the pill and cream thingy, which is quite expensive when you keep buying it. Does anyone know of any other ways to get rid of it, bar the obvious, such as wearing cotton undies, not wearing wet bikini bottoms etc...

i heard a using a tampon with natural yoghurt on it (?!) is supposed to help but wanted to check it out before inserting food stuff into myself!!

Thanks
x

Comments

• Options
    The tampon with natural yogurt isn't a cure for it, but it does help sooth the irritation.
  • Options
    Im afraid theres not a lot you can do. I too am a sufferer of re occuring thrush and it doubled during pregnancy! wonderul. All you can do is the pessry&cream, sorry, well thats what my doctor told me anyway.
  • Options
    are you sleeping with anyone?
    because if you are sleeping with someone more than onced then it could be that you've gave them thrush, your sleeping with them just after you've gotten rid of your thrush and so you get it back from sleeping them.
  • Options
    are u on any antibiotics?they can cause it
  • Options
    iron teh gusset of your pants as it can kil the spores-suffering myself and have aksed people what they do on abother website I go on! Someone said they dry underneath after a bath with hairdryer to stsop it being too moist-not sure how good this is!

cut down on sugary food (how?! I can't!!) and drink more water (as always!). try the probioticy thingd like drinks or tablets!

Good luck-i normally do the tablet but gum nurse gave me pessary and cream-oooh go to gum as its free!!
  • Options
    Jowolvo wrote:
    iSomeone said they dry underneath after a bath with hairdryer to stsop it being too moist

:lol: hahaha!
  • Options
    I'm sleeping with someone but using condoms, so it can't be that. I think my previous partner was passing it back to me but that was a year or so ago.. Gonna go to a gum clinic again because they gave it to me free last time! Think i'll give the hairdryer thing a miss though! The more water and less sugary foods sounds like something I could try...

Thanks everyone! x
  • Options
    make sure you wipe yourself properly after you go to the loo too, since afaik its caused by bacteria from the intestine getting into the urethra or vagina or something like that. I read something on it once :confused:
  • Options
    make sure you wipe yourself properly after you go to the loo too, since afaik its caused by bacteria from the intestine getting into the urethra or vagina or something like that. I read something on it once :confused:

Thats cystitus is it not?