Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bra/Top dilemma!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, well yesterday I bought two gorgeous matching halter-neck tops for £3 each in the Bay Trading sale (bargainous!). Ones jadey-green, the other like an aubergine purple, but both in the same design.

I'm planning to wear one out tonight, thing is, when I wear them over a bra, you can see quite a bit of cup at the front, and about half of the back at the back. I can't get a backless bra anytime soon, mainly because I live out in the sticks, and because I haven't much cash. Plus, the cups would still show. I can't not wear a bra, because, basically, I have no cleavage without one, and as they are low-cut, 'tarty' tops, that would defeat the object of wearing one.

So now, I'm wondering, is it okay for a bra to show, as long as its a really nice, clean one? Or does it look trashy? Because I bought a light green one from Miss Selfridge yesterday that goes quite well. Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    as long as your boobies are pert, then it doesnt matter if they are small.
    small boobies would look better under a halterneck top than half of your bra showing.
  • Options
    i think you'll be fine with a bra showing, as long as like you say its nice and clean. i would think about investing in a backless bra for future outings tho. good luck!
  • Options
    Go without the bar chick! if u aint that big then u can afford to get away with it anyway and its gonna look loads better than seeing your bra.
  • Options
    Could you not wear a halterneck bikini top? thats what I always wear under halternecks, doesn't look tarty and can look kinda funky if its in a contrasting colour or whatever. And still gives you a cleavage.
  • Options

I have to wear a halter-neck bra with those kind of tops but they are not very supportive.

get one that fits you better then! :)
  • Options
    bra straps showing can be cute if they are nice straps. but no other part should show.

going without would look better.
  • Options
    The biggest I've seen in the shops is 34D. I'm now a 34DD so it doesn't fit anymore

i'm a 34E and have one that fits me. look harder. :p
  • Options
    You could wear one of those JML stick on bras they are about £9.99 in some shops now.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    bra straps showing can be cute if they are nice straps. but no other part should show.

going without would look better.

Yar, I agree. What did you end up doing then?
  • Options
    Wore the bra! hehe. didn't look too bad.. i had to keep pulling the back of the top up over it though. i'm gonna think about getting that woolworths backless bra thinga-majigy, tho.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    You could wear one of those JML stick on bras they are about £9.99 in some shops now.
    that's what i was thinking....