Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Prescription question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok the thing is I live in Wales and because I am under 25 I don’t have to pay for my prescription but I am going on holiday tomorrow to england and I have a script to pick up while I am there

Will I have to pay?

Comments

• Options
    Probably
  • Options
    i think it is under 19 in england, not sure though.
  • Options
    Otter is correct.

It'll cost you £6.50.
  • Options
    Can you not pick it up before you go?
  • Options
    ggrrhh 6.50 for a weeks supply. nope cant pick it up before i go coz it is dated the 12 i will be away then, ggrrhh :( ah well never mind
  • Options
    mad_maryuk wrote:
    ggrrhh 6.50 for a weeks supply. nope cant pick it up before i go coz it is dated the 12 i will be away then, ggrrhh :( ah well never mind

How is it dated the 12th? Is it a handwritten prescription that the doctor dated ahead of time to stop you getting it before you go? If so, that seems a little mean! Unless of course you're likely to abuse your medication...
  • Options
    Unless of course its a drug that this patient is being watched on so they dont take too many being they're not in the right mental state etc etc.
  • Options
    Unless of course its a drug that this patient is being watched on so they dont take too many being they're not in the right mental state etc etc.

Hence why I said
    Unless of course you're likely to abuse your medication...
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Hence why I said
    I thought you said that but wasnt quite sure. Then posted and notice you did. I do apologise Bumblebee.
  • Options
    lol, well they are antidepressants and after everything i have done she WILL NOT let me have more then a week which was a pain coz i had to pay 6.50. for one weeks supply which was a pain in the arse but did anyway or else i know i would have gone down