Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Safe Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, i always thought having sex without a condom was the stupidist thing you could do and thought not very much of those who did it.

Yes, i went and did it myself, once, and now im paying for it.

It seems I definetly have canadina (thrush) and chlamydia and am booked in to be tested for HIV and other diseases in a few days.

I just wanted to make it clear it can happen to anyone, you don't have to be sleeping with lots of people - before the aforementioned encounter I hadn't had sex in a year and a half.

I was drunk and for some reason didn't care or thought - "it won't happen to me" and it did so for god's sake use a condom. Im wishing I had.

Not to try shock you but im now off to cover my penis in anti-bacterial cream and try ignore the pain in my swollen testicals.

Comments

• Options
    cowboy wrote:
    Not to try shock you but im now off to cover my penis in anti-bacterial cream and try ignore the pain in my swollen testicals.

:sour:

There's always someone worse off than yourself I suppose. Good words there, and I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. I guess someone is smiling down on me as a few years ago I went through a period of pure hedonism where I bedded just about any woman who looked at me more than once. As a result I now have a two year old daughter (who I love to bits) and I vowed to clean up my act there and then.

In that time I've only have sex within legitimate relationships and get regularly tested at the GUM clinic.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging about anything in particular, just to say that despite how bad someone may feel their sexual habits are now, they can always improve.
  • Options
    Well, i always thought having sex without a condom was the stupidist thing you could do and thought not very much of those who did it.

Tis a different matter if you're trying to conceive ;)

Thanks for coming on here and giving your experiences, I'm sure a lot of people have been in the same position but were too afraid to talk about it, as getting an infection in the genital region is somehow more unacceptable than getting an infection via inhaling someone's salivary droplets.

You might want to read this story
  • Options
    You poor man, i feel for you mate.
    But yeh its smart of you to warn everyone about the 'silly' mistakes that everyone makes from time to time.
  • Options
    I can never ever recommend peopel going to the GUM clinic enough, no matter how safe sex is, other stuff can happen (well a condom only covers the penis!!)

Its free, its the only way to resssure yourself and your lover--and you can get lotsa free condoms!

I always tell everyone I go and try to make it less of a taboo subject-you guys onhere are much more aware than alot of real life people I know so I know I wouldn't ever preach to you guys! (my silly mate for example who always gets chlamydia and never finishes her pills for it-sill silly girl)
  • Options
    If your clear and have sex with a virgin is there any risk of any diseases or infections?
  • Options
    Some people carry Chlamydia naturally and it doesn't affect their lives but they can pass it on during unsafe sex...i think, not sure though
  • Options
    analyst wrote:
    If your clear and have sex with a virgin is there any risk of any diseases or infections?

I guess a girl could have thrush and pass that to a guy-does that count-I mean is thrush a sti or not as girls get it all the time (believe me :crying: )

If they've had non penetrative contact there could still be a chance i guess-if the other person even though a virgin has done stuff-such as unsafe blowjobs. But if you mean truely a virgin having not done anything then no-apart from perhaps thrush.

Anyone else know if what I think is true-or a can put it in a better way? I'm not very good at explaining myself!
  • Options
    This Q&A about virginity and STIs will tell you more. Hope it helps clear things up!
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    This Q&A about virginity and STIs will tell you more. Hope it helps clear things up!

Well i find it doesn't answer the question directly so it's still a bit confusing. Perhaps the site need to do a bit of editing?
  • Options
    What do you still find confusing after reading it?