Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

tattoos on a stretcy area

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive decided to get a second tattoo, and i think i want it just below where i wear my trousers on the inside of my hip at the front.

However...

ive got a bit of a pot belly, and i can pull and stretch it and stuff, ive tried drawing the design onto it with biro, i stretched the skin to make it easier but when i let go, the design went all skiiwif and elongated!

So, if i was to get this done do they stretch the skin when they do it? or do they leave it lank?

another thing, because of the area the design will change shape when im sitting or standing, it will kinda look squashed when im sitting

Im gonna ask a tattoo person when i can, to know for sure, but i cant do that yet so was wondering what u lot think

Comments

• Options
    I've heard from a couple of women that you shouldnt get one done on your belly, it will be there forever and when/if you have kids it will go wierd.

You could have it done on the base of the spine, it wont stretch at all, will not be hugely noticable but you can still show it off.
  • Options
    My cousins chubby friend got a cute little angel on her stomach at the age of 14 - 10 years later it looks like a monster.

Don't ever get a tattoo in a wobbly area. For your own sake.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've heard from a couple of women that you shouldnt get one done on your belly, it will be there forever and when/if you have kids it will go wierd.

You could have it done on the base of the spine, it wont stretch at all, will not be hugely noticable but you can still show it off.

already got one there on the base of my spine

ive already decided i dont want kids but im guessing it will still go saggy or whatever at some point

hmm
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    My cousins chubby friend got a cute little angel on her stomach at the age of 14 - 10 years later it looks like a monster.

Don't ever get a tattoo in a wobbly area. For your own sake.

oh my god i cant believe a 14 year old got tattoed

surely hers got ruined because she still had a lot of growing to do therefore the skin stretched and distorted it?

on the basis that im fully grown and dont plan on letting myself ever get fat and i dont want children, is it still a bad idea?
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't do it.
    Your choice though.
  • Options
    i guess i'll have to see what the tattooist says

strictly speaking its not on my tummy, its below, not far above the pubic area, i guess where i wear my trousers wasnt a very good explanation of where i want the tattoo, as i tend to wear my trousers quite low.

anyone else got any experiences/input?
  • Options
    How strange...Im going to visit our local tattoo parlour on thursday about getting a small lizard design near my bikini line- I didnt think the skin near there would stretch, but I'll let you know on thursday when I see her.
  • Options
    How strange...Im going to visit our local tattoo parlour on thursday about getting a small lizard design near my bikini line- I didnt think the skin near there would stretch, but I'll let you know on thursday when I see her.

ive drawn a little diagram to explain where i want mine, is this where you wanted yours too?
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    ive drawn a little diagram to explain where i want mine, is this where you wanted yours too?

:lol: loving the triangle
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    :lol: loving the triangle

im glad you do :p
  • Options
    it is, yea! I was at an arty friend's house earlier trying to get some sketches together. Something like the one in the link, only perhaps more tribalised would be perfect. Opinions would be welcome :)
  • Options
    it is, yea! I was at an arty friend's house earlier trying to get some sketches together. Something like the one in the link, only perhaps more tribalised would be perfect. Opinions would be welcome :)

i really really like that :cool:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    IMO in that area, the design would look better if the curve of the lizards body was curved the other way, along the line of your body, if you know what I mean. But that is just me.
  • Options
    Do you mean if the lizard was sitting lengthwise as opposed to vertically? I think I've found some better ones last night. I'm going to see her tomorrow about customising them and the dangers of skin being stretched around the bikini line. Blah, sorry if I've highjacked your thread slightly :blush:
  • Options
    my mates got one like that 2nd one, about where you're on about. Only thing she said bout hers was that it tickled her more than it hurt, so stay still while u have it done!