Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pregnancy, condoms, diseases, CHECK POINT! Please Read

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am not a doctor. I am a 39 yr old women, who has no children by choice. I am giving you the options you need to make important life decisions when it comes to sex.

use a condom (but don't expect the boy to be dependable, because sometimes there not)

use a female condom (at least this way you won't catch HERPES which lasts forever ever like a bestfriend), and will stop you from contracting HIV/AIDS - which despite the medicine improvements over the years will still make you die way before you are ready. The female condom used correctly will also stop you from getting pregnant, but if that is the only reason you are using it - I would try another method.

There is the depo-shot, it lasts 3 months and is full-proof you will not get pregnant as long as you keep the shots up actively.

The patch, I don't know how you can get a patch to stay on your body through 30 showers without falling off, but they claim it is possible, in which case it does work from stopping pregnancy.

If you take medications daily for some other ailment or depression, it would be easy for you to remember to take your oral contraceptives everyday, if you don't you might want another method, or at least have a backup condom just in case.

Now if you had sex unprotected and you could be pregnant, but you definately don't want to be... contact your nearest Planned Parenthood as soon as possible besides abortions you can take some pills called the MORNING AFTER. And this is supposed to stop a pregnancy from taking root.

If you are with a guy along time, and it becomes a monogomaus relationship that you are absolutely certain he only goes with you, and you only go with him - then you both get HIV/AIDS tests, then continue to use condoms for another 6 months, after which you have another HIV/AIDS test - and if it comes out negative you can start having sex without condoms if you are on a oral or shot, patch contraceptive.

But if either of you has sex with another person, that brings all the diseases, and symptoms and disorders that that person has been with, by bringing all the same from every person that person has every been with...

In the end, it is along list of people... many u don't know... have who knows what... and whether something gets past on to you - only god knows. Til you know, and sometimes you don't know til it's too late to do anything about. Just Think Please. Make conscious choices. Learn all there is to learn. Ask questions. Please let making love, or having sex be an enjoyable and safe activity for all involved.

If you are raped, called the police or the hospital immediately... do not be afraid. you did nothing wrong. I know it happened to me, about 15 yrs ago... back then when you had sex and u weren't married you were a slut - and deserved everything you got - so they said... most of them anyway... but I wasn't... I would have made love or had sex with the boy who raped me, I liked him... I fantasized about sex with him... but the way he did it, wasn't nice, or fun... and he is an asshole in my book. But I didn't tell on him, and that made it look bad for me as a teen... Remember RAPE is not about love, or lust - it is about violence, anger and taking control over someone... Put the person male/female doesn't matter, call the police and put them in jail, before someone else gets hurt.

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I think Rolly has MPD ;x
  • Options
    LynnFromCT wrote:
    use a female condom (at least this way you won't catch HERPES which lasts forever ever like a bestfriend),

False, Herpes can be caught from oral sex,
    LynnFromCT wrote:
    There is the depo-shot, it lasts 3 months and is full-proof you will not get pregnant as long as you keep the shots up actively.

Its not a 100% there are still risks.
  • Options
    also you change your patch each week so it wouldn't have to last through 30 showers- even if you shower twice daily thats still only 14 showers per patch.
  • Options
    tooo biiiiig

toooo much puuuurple

:eek:
  • Options
    Um, not really sure how to respond to this. Perhaps you should take a wander this way>>>>>>
    TheSite's sex and relationships section
    You'll see that we already have a wealth of well researched, in-depth information about all these issues.
  • Options
    Can someone help me ?
    Ive never had unpotective sex as im on the Pill and mi bf always uses a condom but im a couple a days late with mi period ?
    Could i be pregant?
  • Options
  • Options
    Can someone help me ?
    Ive never had unpotective sex as im on the Pill and mi bf always uses a condom but im a couple a days late with mi period ?
    Could i be pregant?
    As mentioned above, there is still a risk of contraception failing, but yeah a late period can be caused by a variety of reasons such as stress and illness, and even worry about being pregnant.
    See the ‘Missed periods’ article
    here.

Thought I'd also add that Planned Parenthood (mentioned in the very first post) are based in America. So if anyone in the UK is looking for advice/info about contraception, pregnancy, sexual health etc then visit a Brook (for under 25's) or fpa clinic.
  • Options
  • Options
    Fanks girls with sharp teeth & rubberless!
  • Options
    Aaarrrghhhh!

Seriously stressful moment.

I want to scream at a spammer. Yet I also want to praise the useful informative approach....
  • Options
    Aaarrrghhhh!

Seriously stressful moment.

I want to scream at a spammer. Yet I also want to praise the useful informative approach....

...and breathe! :rolleyes: Go and have a cup of tea and a sit down! :p
  • Options
    I think it's rudderless rather than rubberless, especially based on the advice...
  • Options
    Can someone help me ?
    Could i be pregant?

Its seriosly doubtfull, any number of things can make you late including stress or sudden weight loss. Sometimes girls are just late for no apparant reason, try not to worry too much.