Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I gave her my number

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have read the article about the bloke who tried texting a number and got no reply but what i wondered was how often does the bloke offer his number? I met a REALLY nice girl in a club the other night and danced for nearly the last hour with her, we did not talk, just danced, both happy for each others company. Im quite shy so this is not a common thing for me but something about this girl said 'perfect'. anyway her friend had been dancing with someone else for the last 5 mins but ran off upset. Naturally her friend had to see what was wrong and i went over to my friend, when they come back down from getting there coats i asked if her friend was ok and if she was going? She bit her lip and looked at her friend who shot her an evil and said 'I'd better'. So i asked if i could give her my number (so she did not feel any pressure) and if she felt like texting sometime then do. she took it. The only prob is im not sure i gave her the right number, i was in a bit of shook. anyway if i did not then i know what number i did give her and so sent it a message to politley forward any unknown number messages to me so i can set her right. This is the second day and i have heard from neither, do you think i will?, also should i have asked 4 hers instead of giving mine?

Comments

• Options
    you are not sure if you gave her the right number or not, but if you didnt you know which number it was :confused:
  • Options
    For future reference: Ask for THEIR number so this doesn't happen again. If you've been getting on well it should be fine.
  • Options
    carnage200 wrote:
    I have read the article about the bloke who tried texting a number and got no reply but what i wondered was how often does the bloke offer his number? I met a REALLY nice girl in a club the other night and danced for nearly the last hour with her, we did not talk, just danced, both happy for each others company. Im quite shy so this is not a common thing for me but something about this girl said 'perfect'. anyway her friend had been dancing with someone else for the last 5 mins but ran off upset. Naturally her friend had to see what was wrong and i went over to my friend, when they come back down from getting there coats i asked if her friend was ok and if she was going? She bit her lip and looked at her friend who shot her an evil and said 'I'd better'. So i asked if i could give her my number (so she did not feel any pressure) and if she felt like texting sometime then do. she took it. The only prob is im not sure i gave her the right number, i was in a bit of shook. anyway if i did not then i know what number i did give her and so sent it a message to politley forward any unknown number messages to me so i can set her right. This is the second day and i have heard from neither, do you think i will?, also should i have asked 4 hers instead of giving mine?

Bit of a shitter that one mate. The number you think you might have given out by mistake could be out of use! Always best to exchange numbers with each other.
  • Options
    I think you did well to give her your number..I prefer to have a guys number so I am in control.

Can I ask what sort of dancing it was?

Maybe you won't hear from her, but you could see her out again.

It's hard to judge what someone is like just from dancing...I have danced with a guy sometimes and thought "wow" but then we got talking and there was nothing there. Anyhow, I hope you do hear from her because who knows?
  • Options
    The reason i went for her was that she did not look like the normal (sorry- slapper) time that you find in clubs. So i dont think she will ever turn up in the club again. I know the number i would have given cuz its a double and a triple at the end and I have nearly done it before (to a frined not another girl). The dancing was good cuz you see I never have the nerve to grab a waist like most blokes do, i get the eye contact and all that and the go ahead and the nudges but i just feel wrong doing it. However this girl it just happened, it was very close dancing, most of it was just me holding her in my arms close round her, she would pull them tighter, im quite tall and she was quite short i think she liked that, i know i did. It was not slutty dancing just as i said, company dancing. Also the number isnt dead cuz i phobned it beofre i text it and some auzzie bloke was onthe anwser phone, i text cuz he sounded respectable. I was thinking i might call him tommorw to see if he got my message....and any others.
  • Options
    Also can I ask Katty, if you were in control how long would you make the guy wait?, is it realistic to hold out untill the following week when she might text 'are you going to the club again tonight?' even thou i think she wont cuz shes not like that. Do u even think thats possbile?
  • Options
    if I were you I'd stop thinking about it. In the past when a guy has given me his number on a Saturday night I have texted him later in the week, Wednesday or Thursday. Actually once I texted a guy ages later, so you never know.
  • Options
    cool thanks

Thanks Katty, I think im gonna take ur advice but mark it as no go then carry on. I'd like to think it might still happen but it prob won't. It's a shame really cuz im not normally this lame its just she was SOOOO beautiful, and along with the slient click I find it hard to have her no occupy my thoughts. :blush:
  • Options
    I DIDNT GIVE THE WRONG NUMBER!!!!!!.....she text back, sorry guys know this is a bit sad but WHEYYYYY i dont care cuz she text back and wants to meet up again!!!!!!!!! THanks all :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :heart::heart::love::love: ...........................................................................................................................er just got the dating to get through now.....doh!
  • Options
    Haha bless.

I'm SO in your boat. I met up with a lovely Irish lad who plays the guitar..SWOON! On Saturday night, and I tried to text him, but I'm missing a digit. Luckily, my mate scored with his mate and I'm gonna harass him to give me the lovely guitar playing Darren's number. Le sigh.
  • Options
    carnage200 wrote:
    I DIDNT GIVE THE WRONG NUMBER!!!!!!.....she text back, sorry guys know this is a bit sad but WHEYYYYY i dont care cuz she text back and wants to meet up again!!!!!!!!! THanks all :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :heart::heart::love::love: ...........................................................................................................................er just got the dating to get through now.....doh!

Aww, so happy for you! well done :thumb: :D
  • Options
    have fun
  • Options
    Yay!

What's your next move?
  • Options
    kudos dude!
  • Options