Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fiance breaks off relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

Feeling really down at the moment, as my fiance has said she wants to end our relationship. We've been together for 4 years and this has came as a real knock.

We've been having quite a few arguments over the last 3-4 months, but nothing major - always the same petty arguments. Anyway, we discussed a couple of weeks ago that we would start spending more time apart with friends and family, and generally make an effort to stop the arguaing to see if this could recindle what we had when we first got together.

Anyway, last night she said she no longer wants to be in a relationship and she is tired of carrying me.... she means because I am shy. I am very shy and I have to admit, when we're out I generally let her do all the talking - it kills me inside, because all I'd want to do is speak but this thing called 'shyness' doesn't help me.

Well, back to my question, what should I do? I don't want to lose her, and I don't really think she wants to break up. Should we go on a break and see if the 2 of us are supposed to be together, or ask for a 2nd chance where I will try even harder and force myself out of my shyness - shes worth fighting for.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone help would be really cool, as this is driving me mad
  • Options
    This is just my quick, first-thought kinda answer, but if it is your shyness really causing the arguments and you want to work on it (not just for her, but for yourself too), then why not look into some sort of confidence-building course/group. What with September coming up, all the local colleges are no doubt advertising their new evening, adult-learning courses (sorry, didn't check how old you are) and there's usually something there. Even if it's not specifically for confidence-building, forcing yourself out there with new people might be the push you need.

Just a thought.. :)