Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how far

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how far would u all go to get the first real love of your life back in your life afta theyve split up with u? would u actually try and get back with them orwould you justget on with the rest of your life??

Comments

• Options
    Id turn into an Emo for about 6 months then move on.
    No point chasing feelings that arent reciporcated.
  • Options
    I'd like to think I'd get on with the rest of my life, but it'd be damn hard. I wouldn't try and get them back, though, if it's over it's over for a reason.
  • Options
    lol that helps tehehe my ex always wanted me to turn emo
  • Options
    Disapear, do your own thing, its all you can do really. Put actual distance between you if think it will help. Im moving away and moving into a new flat. Concentarte on other areas of your life, i managed to get onto my perfect course whilst being away from him. Try not to look back. You will meet someone better, thats what everyone keeps telling me at least.
  • Options
    lol that helps tehehe my ex always wanted me to turn emo
    Emo is the new chav apparently
  • Options
    sounds about right 2 me lol
  • Options
    I wouldn't walk to the end of the road to get my "first love" back. He (and the whole premise of first loves, imo) was vastly overrated and my second love suits me just fine ;-)

You have to put distance between you, as others have said, both emotionally and physically. It feels like you'll never get over it, but everyone who's moved on to their second, third, fiftieth love can vouch for the fact that you do. Eventually. First love and only love aren't always (aren't even usually) synonymous. Chin up :)