Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Drug Tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
God, it's been a few years since I've been here!

I have a VERY important question though.

Say, right, that you had this idiot friend, right...

... and this idiot friend applied for a job with the police.

Idiot.

And then, this idiot friend got through the application process till the medical.

Fair enough.

But THEN, this total idiot took e's and coke before the medical.

Bollocks.

Er... how long is that crap detectible in your system? Number 1: for a urine test, and Number 2: for a blood sample?

If they do test you for it and you come up positive... do they prosecute you or just chuck you off the recruitment sceme?

As a matter of scientific interest, obviously. *coughs*

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaz wrote:

I have a VERY important question though.

Say, right, that you had this idiot friend, right...

... and this idiot friend applied for a job with the police.

Idiot.

And then, this idiot friend got through the application process till the medical.

Fair enough.

But THEN, this total idiot took e's and coke before the medical.

Bollocks.

Er... how long is that crap detectible in your system? Number 1: for a urine test, and Number 2: for a blood sample?

If they do test you for it and you come up positive... do they prosecute you or just chuck you off the recruitment sceme?

As a matter of scientific interest, obviously. *coughs*

You'd be chucked off the force.

It's not detectable for that long (except in hair). If you got fucked a day or two before the medical, you could easily get booted out. But more than a few days you should probably be ok.

Check www.erowid.org, i'm sure there'll be stuff on there which is more authoritatively concise.

Try fake piss devices, or just get someone to fill another tube for you if you're worried.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    kaz wrote:

Fucking hell, another blast from the past.
    Hows things?

:D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Amphetamines and cocaine leave your system reasonably quickly, though it totally depends on your body, just drink shit loads of water and cranberry juice is supposed to help too, though that might just be an old wives tale.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi kaz, our factsheet on How drug tests work says amphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin and other opiates will be detected for 2-4 days in a urine test. Cannabis, because it isn't water soluble, can take up to 45 days to clear from your system...

As Spliffie said, Erowid have an extensive Drug Testing Vault and although they are a US based site I am assuming the same procedures are used here as well. At the bottom of this page on the basics there is a really useful chart, unfortunately the amount of time cocaine is detectable in a blood test is unknown - however this is a really expensive way of testing and therefore is not common. I would assume they would do a saliva test before a blood test, but if you want to be sure I would call Release and ask them what testing methods are used.