Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Buying Weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you guys go about buying weed? I've never bought any of anyone before, only ever tried other people's joints at uni. I'd like to, but none of my friends from back home really smoke, and I don't have any idea how to go about getting ahold of some.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Firstly I would recommend only buying from someone decent, dont lower yourself to buying from scumbag thick as fuck dropout dealers, it's just not worth it.

If you are in uni there must be a shit load of people passing weed around, next time you share someones joint just ask how much to get your own, or how would you go about getting some etc.. buy off someone who smokes nice shit, and buy some scales :)
    Well it's summer holidays from Uni now, so that's my problem, I don't know anyone who I could get some off while I'm here.

Thanks for the advice though!
    And yeah, I'm a little worried about being ripped off. According to this site, this is about an eighth. Is that about right? It doesn't look like it'd last very long!
    you'll find some.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,324 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thats the small eight compared to what I get. I get a bit more than that... :/
    i'm almost 100% sure that everyone at some stage in their lives have been ripped off, after a while you'll get a good contact and you'll get proper deals...it just takes a wee while thats all
    to buy weed all i have to go is go into the cannabis cafe here, look around for a guy with a fabric bag and voila, i have weed.

they always have it as well ;D
    Thats not no eighth and you must get ripped too Gerbil... I get mine weighed in front of me and its about 6 times that, its always good weed. I'd say that in the pic is worth about £3!!
    Alsvartr wrote:
    And yeah, I'm a little worried about being ripped off. According to this site, this is about an eighth. Is that about right? It doesn't look like it'd last very long!

It looks a bit small but i can't really be sure.

If you're looking for some weed, just ask people on the street. I've done it plenty of times in the past, not just for weed either, and it usually works. Goths are the best idea. Usually helpful and won't fuck you about.

Try to avoid soapbar though (brown hard lumps of shit quality & polluted hash).
    J wrote:
    I had to sell my phone. lol. I'll buy another one when my card is laid back on.

That was random. Unless I'm missing something.

You sold your phone for weed? Exchange deal eh lol.
    Don't worry mate I've been ripped off loads of times, it happens.. Only other option is grab yourself a set of digital scales off ebay, only bout 15 quid or something :)
    Don't worry mate I've been ripped off loads of times, it happens.. Only other option is grab yourself a set of digital scales off ebay, only bout 15 quid or something :)

Scales aren't really much use...unless of course you want to weigh an amount so you've got an idea for future comparison...serves as possible incrimination if you get busted and would piss dealers off if you demand to weigh before you buy.
    when i'm not buying from the cafe, then the dealer i use weighs up in front of me

so i know i'm always getting a good decent cut :)
    it's never like that where i live...we ring the dealer, he comes down ina car, hands you the lump, some days you get a good deal, some days you don't...it all depends
    My old dealer used to weigh up in front of me but he told me the wrong measurements and used to rip me off. So I just found out who his dealer was and went straight to him. He was nice, used to sit and chat to me and everything.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    theSite has a fact sheet on Dealing with dealers that might give you some pointers Alsvartr. As for the whether the picture is of an 1/8, that depends on lots of things including how dense the buds are, how compressed it is, whether it still a bit wet and therefore heavier - too many dependencies to be able to say for sure.

And remember, what you are thinking about doing is illegal, so if you must then be careful...
    Buying from people you know is always the best way to go, you'll get better quality and you less likely to get ripped off.

Just ask about with your mates when you get back to uni, its only a little while.
    I just get into conversations with people ive met about weed. Then just ask if they know someone who can get some. If you say it in a casual enough manner, they won't take offence.
    Im only saying so cause i know a few people who get a bit touchy on conversations like these. Just fair warning.
    Spliffie wrote:
    It looks a bit small but i can't really be sure.

If you're looking for some weed, just ask people on the street. I've done it plenty of times in the past, not just for weed either, and it usually works. Goths are the best idea. Usually helpful and won't fuck you about.

Try to avoid soapbar though (brown hard lumps of shit quality & polluted hash).
    Yeah, rockers do tend to be less likely to rip people off in my experience.

What's soap bar? You mean rocky/slate?
    Spliffie wrote:
    Goths are the best idea. Usually helpful and won't fuck you about.

amazingly tru of us... we are nice ppl really :) :yippe:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,324 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My best ever dealer was one of the few of a dying breed... the 80's goth, complete metal head nutter. He rocked. He also doesn't deal anymore, or even seem to exist.
    amazingly tru of us... we are nice ppl really :) :yippe:

HAHA! Goths are the best people to go to when you're like 15 cos they're like "dude yea we'l sort you out" and fair enough you'll get an average enough deal, but once you get to know the proper dealers, who are almost exlusively "chavs" and you gain their respect you won't get ripped off and you'll get far far far bigger deals, though you have to be a "chav" yourself to get these deals
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    HAHA! Goths are the best people to go to when you're like 15 cos they're like "dude yea we'l sort you out" and fair enough you'll get an average enough deal, but once you get to know the proper dealers, who are almost exlusively "chavs" and you gain their respect you won't get ripped off and you'll get far far far bigger deals, though you have to be a "chav" yourself to get these deals

Definately some truth in that.
    Weekender Offender 
    turlough wrote:

Given my very limited experience, if you go a little higher they are very serious, very straight, quite ordinary people just working hard at making a lot of money. People who dont stand out in the least.
    turlough wrote:

I know chav-ish dealers, most of them like to have a little cabal of "lads" around them licking their arseholes...coke dealers who base their lives around trying to be Tony Montana.

Music-minded dealers are usually the best dealers from my experience, unless you're buying from high up the ladder...usually very mellow.
    I have ot agree from my VERY ltd experience (only met 3, 2 rock, 1 not, he sucked)
    Spliffie wrote:
    Music-minded dealers are usually the best dealers from my experience, unless you're buying from high up the ladder...usually very mellow.

fair enough, it might be that way around your way, but where I live, all the best dealers are "chavs" I hate that word butn you know what I mean, there's very few dealers here with suits and there's very few music orientated dealers here, all "chavs" even the old one's if you know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.