Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feel Even Worse Now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive made the mistake of talking to my ex again. He wanted to establish some kind of friendship i think, but i just cant handle that, my feelings are too strong. We are still attracted and just missed eachother i guess, its impossible! I feel ten times worse now than i did before. Feel really stupid for seeing him again and wish i had listened to my friends. He was hugging me, whilst i was crying over him and it just made me cry even more! I must be insane or something for agreeing to see him. I guess in a lot of cases you cant be friends with an ex. I have all my friends, but i cant get rid of this empty, depressing feel. My hatred has grown more and the pain is worse. I feel like he came back to get at me, even if he didnt intend to. Its like im having to get over him for a second time in a row now ive seen him again! Guess i know to walk away for good next time. Sorry to go on and on about this, but this is the only place really where i can let out my feelings when im not with my friends.

Comments

• Options
    aww *hugs* i know how you feel. i met up with my ex, after he'd split up with me and treated me like utter shit, in the hope that we could remain friends, but it didnt happen. And you know what? im so glad it didnt; ive moved on, changed and grown, met new people+become a better person, and i think alot of its down to not knowing him.
    I think perhaps you may either want to 4get the friendship idea altogether, or give it plenty more time before seeing him. And IF you decide to see him in the future, try to meet up with other ppl in a public place, so it isnt just the 2 of you - that way memories wont come bk to haunt u!
  • Options
    Im sorry to say this but as a guy I know how the male brain works. Some guys and I stress SOME feel its an ego trip to see that an ex is still interested in them after they split up. Its kinda a power thing that really shows they are insecure within themselves.
    How well do you really know your ex? Has he had many relationships before? What do you really want to achieve in meeting up with him again?
    The Pink Sugar Mouse is right in her advice. Your ex is probably wanting to prevent you moving on and forgetting him. Give it time. It will improve believe me.
  • Options
    Spent a year and a half together, i think underneath his appearances he can be very insecure, hes had a lot of past issues. He claims hes delt with them all now, but i dont think so completely! Well, i feel like he kind of led me on in a way. It wasnt clear what his intentions were in meeting up with me. We met up three evenings in a row, spoke about things and tried to get on...we kissed and hugged a lot. He started texting me again like he used to and we got on, he wanted us to build up our friendship again. Talk normally like we used to etc. He was even telling me things like he was sick because of waiting to hear back about a job and that he couldnt sleep after meeting up with me again the first time. He told me he missed me and still fancies me, we hadnt seen eachother for two months and he flung his arms around me. I just dont get him! But that seems impossible to be platonic when we still fancy eachother! Lol yeah, today when i had a go at him on the phone, after feeling worse from seeing him i said it seems like you want some kind of ego boost or that your bored and lonely or something, thats why you have come back perhaps. I told him there are prostitutes, if what he is after is sex. I just feel that he has acted extremely selfishly. He has been in relationships before, but this was the longest one for both of us. What really gets to me is that hes 24 and he certainly isnt acting like it in terms of this situation. Anyway, today i pretty much told him i cant cope with this and that i need to be left alone. I said to him if we ever meet again it will be in a public place. Hes now said he wont talk to me again. He didnt want me to hate him, but i do more than ever now. He really made it so much worse! I almost feel cheated on in a way, its strange! He probably got a kick out of watching me cry, but i couldnt hold back my feelings. Oh well, i guess he was wrong for me. Was rather patronising i felt and seemed to think he knew everything as he had been in therapy! Hopefully the next person who comes along wont screw me over so badly. This has to have been the most tiring, confusing and complicated relationship i have ever been in!
  • Options
    but in a way it could be your most rewarding relationship. Like the saying goes - you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.
    Next time you will be prepared for things like this and will be able to deal with them. Good luck!
  • Options
    macka wrote:
    but in a way it could be your most rewarding relationship. Like the saying goes - you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.
    Next time you will be prepared for things like this and will be able to deal with them. Good luck!

:) Thankyou, you too. Im going to find someone who will respect my feelings. Ive had enough crap.