Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling fed up...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasnt sure where to put this.....but i'll stick it in here.
Anyho....well im just feeling lonely and fed up cause all my friends are loved up and really happy and i just dont seem to get any good attention from guys. I mean, i do get it - but the kind that you dont want. I mean, i got dumped 9/10 months ago and that really hurt me. All my friends tell me im the prettiest 1 and all that....but i just dont seem to be taken seriously by anyone other than my friends....it's not like i dress like a tart or have a bad reputation or anything. It just seems unfair.
Meh....just having a rant i guess....sorry to bore/annoy anyone but has anyone else been in the same place?

Comments

• Options
    hey!
    hugs first, cos i have been in that place. You're lucky as your friends say you're pretty, so maybe the problem could be that you are unknowingly giving off negative vibes to guys, as you're self-conscious about ur looks??
    try to focus on your good points and maybe then you'll feel better!
  • Options
    If you ever want male attention you know where I am :p.

But seriously here, the thing about feeling fed up is so natural. But annoying. I know I'm guilty of making my friends feel bad, but I've kind of got it worked out now so I'm happy and lovey with my girlfriend, and then happy and 'Richard' (it seems to be a description amongst my friends, rather than a name. Don't know whether that's good or not) around my mates.

All I can say though, is that the kind of attention you want will come. My very first post here is when I was 14 :p, 3 years ago, about almost the same issue. I felt like girls weren't really interested in me at all. But they said then, give it time, and you'll meet girls who give you the exact right attention, and they were right!

When you say '"I do get [attention] - but the kind that you dont want." Do you mean you have twats of guys basically admiring your body and seeing you for nothing other than a sex object? In the most basic of terms.

Unfortunately, I have no solutions for the second problem. Best thing though at your age is not worry about guys, hang around with your mates and have a great time and let the guys come to you. If you fall for someone, then great, if someone falls for you, great. My advice is sounding worse by the minute :p I'm off before it gets any worse! Tchuss!

And good luck!
  • Options
    If you ever want male attention you know where I am :p.

But seriously here, the thing about feeling fed up is so natural. But annoying. I know I'm guilty of making my friends feel bad, but I've kind of got it worked out now so I'm happy and lovey with my girlfriend, and then happy and 'Richard' (it seems to be a description amongst my friends, rather than a name. Don't know whether that's good or not) around my mates.

All I can say though, is that the kind of attention you want will come. My very first post here is when I was 14 :p, 3 years ago, about almost the same issue. I felt like girls weren't really interested in me at all. But they said then, give it time, and you'll meet girls who give you the exact right attention, and they were right!

When you say '"I do get [attention] - but the kind that you dont want." Do you mean you have twats of guys basically admiring your body and seeing you for nothing other than a sex object? In the most basic of terms.

Unfortunately, I have no solutions for the second problem. Best thing though at your age is not worry about guys, hang around with your mates and have a great time and let the guys come to you. If you fall for someone, then great, if someone falls for you, great. My advice is sounding worse by the minute :p I'm off before it gets any worse! Tchuss!

And good luck!

:) thank you both
    and yes....i do mean THAT kind of attention....like just last week i was sat outside school waiting for my lift and i got 2 guys come up to me asking for blow jobs and wouldnt leave me alone.....i also get shouts like 'nice tits' and pervy stuff like that. I dont even wear revealing clothes....but i still get idiots say stuff to me.
  • Options
    yep, thats typical of alot of guys for you. They've got nothing better to do, and i think they do it because they know you're way out of their league so they feel they have to say something 'big and clever' to compensate for this.
  • Options
    yep, thats typical of alot of guys for you. They've got nothing better to do, and i think they do it because they know you're way out of their league so they feel they have to say something 'big and clever' to compensate for this.
    ....hhmm like a small penis? :chin:
  • Options
    I've been in this situation since secondary school. However, I will admit that I'm not interested in having a relationship right now. I do get attention from guys my age sometimes but it's just usually them messing around...
  • Options
    :s i like that kind of attention. but hey, i'm a bit unstable at the moment.

tbh, i think you're in a great position right now.. you're being told how attractive you are on a regular basis (whether this be by friends or idiotic apes). i'd say take it easy, be relaxed around boys.. if you're craving some love, just set off to find boy mates and see where it goes from there (sorry if i'm not making any sense).
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    :s i like that kind of attention. but hey, i'm a bit unstable at the moment.

tbh, i think you're in a great position right now.. you're being told how attractive you are on a regular basis (whether this be by friends or idiotic apes). i'd say take it easy, be relaxed around boys.. if you're craving some love, just set off to find boy mates and see where it goes from there (sorry if i'm not making any sense).
    lol i hate that kind of attention - cause it feels to me like they're treating me like an object, or would like to. Things like a random guy coming up to me and going 'please babe, how would you like some of my cock in your mouth?' just makes me want to smack them. Btw thats what that guy kept asking me last week outside school.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    lol i hate that kind of attention - cause it feels to me like they're treating me like an object, or would like to. Things like a random guy coming up to me and going 'please babe, how would you like some of my cock in your mouth?' just makes me want to smack them. Btw thats what that guy kept asking me last week outside school.

him saying that IS out of order... if its at school you should report him. but I love getting that type of attention.. wolf whistles, stares, hearing lads say rude stuff about me to their mates. hehe i sound like such a whore.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    him saying that IS out of order... if its at school you should report him. but I love getting that type of attention.. wolf whistles, stares, hearing lads say rude stuff about me to their mates. hehe i sound like such a whore.
    lol you do sound like a whore! :p when i get it though i think they're taking the piss, but thats just me. The problem with that guy is, it was out of school times and i wasnt actually on school grounds, i was outside the gate and he doesnt go to my school.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

Been there, had loads of boys ask me that - is that all they think about or something?
  • Options
    Hey :wave:

I'm 20 (male) and I'm kind of feeling the same as you at the moment (male pmt!?)
    Anyways, I broke up with my ex 2yrs ago and now I have just found myself sleeping about which aint to good for the old self confidence!!
    Try being a guy, never get any attention :banghead:
    I think it's just a phase, everyone feels like it sometimes.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Hey :wave:

I'm 20 (male) and I'm kind of feeling the same as you at the moment (male pmt!?)
    Anyways, I broke up with my ex 2yrs ago and now I have just found myself sleeping about which aint to good for the old self confidence!!
    Try being a guy, never get any attention :banghead:
    I think it's just a phase, everyone feels like it sometimes.

Hope you feel better soon!
    hey you're from nottingham too :wave: my ex left me 10/11 months ago....the reason was because of the distance, he'd been tempted to cheat on me....and i went right down after that. Am ok now though :)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    hey you're from nottingham too :wave: my ex left me 10/11 months ago....the reason was because of the distance, he'd been tempted to cheat on me....and i went right down after that. Am ok now though :)

The crime capital of the country!! :D Long distant relationships rarely work, talking from experience!!
    Glad your ok :thumb:
  • Options
    The crime capital of the country!! :D Long distant relationships rarely work, talking from experience!!
    Glad your ok :thumb:
    Yep, total crime capital....like today on the news a young lad died in hospital after being mugged. The place can be a right shithole sometimes. Well im actually on the notts/derbyshire boarder so im not too bad :)
    How far was your LDR?
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Yep, total crime capital....like today on the news a young lad died in hospital after being mugged. The place can be a right shithole sometimes. Well im actually on the notts/derbyshire boarder so im not too bad :)
    How far was your LDR?

Well, it was in Sunderland, 2hrs 30min drive but I didn't have my car then, talking 4yrs ago now. How about yours??
  • Options
    Well, it was in Sunderland, 2hrs 30min drive but I didn't have my car then, talking 4yrs ago now. How about yours??
    mine was 200miles, so about a 5hr drive