Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i'm getting angry now.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i live in a very beautiful and rugged rural area and almost non of the inhabitants has a clean driving licens!e.
the buthcher ...farmers ...shoe shop fellah ...ny bank manager ...the milkman the coalman ...we even have candle makers and they aint got one either!

time was when you could have a clean license for life.
bastards.

Comments

• Options
    what do you mean penalty points or something?
  • Options
    No, manure
  • Options
    I thought penalty points as well, what you on about rolly?
  • Options
    long staight country 60mph road. early morning very quiet.
    crossroads. two dead straight long roads cross.
    fields and sheep.
    last hundred yards is 30mph ...next hundred yards is thirty mile an hour.
    my missus has reached 34 miles an hour a few feet before the 60mph stretch ...flash!
    3 points coming her way now.
    highway fucking robbers. toll gate men ...tax collectors.

shouldn't they be running around fucking shooting people!

i swear theres no one left with a clean license.
  • Options
    I know, why don't they go and solve some real crimes instead of bothering people driving 4 mph over the speed limit.
  • Options
    shouldn't they be running around fucking shooting people!

my dad said something similar a few months back, he was drunk while my brother took me into town but my brother only has a provisional so technically my dad was breaking the law, "drunk in charge" is what he was charged with, when the cops came up to him he said "old people are getting robbed all over the country and you're wasting your time with us" he might be losing his lisence over it
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    my dad said something similar a few months back, he was drunk while my brother took me into town but my brother only has a provisional so technically my dad was breaking the law, "drunk in charge" is what he was charged with, when the cops came up to him he said "old people are getting robbed all over the country and you're wasting your time with us" he might be losing his lisence over it
    they just don't trust people to get on with their lives anymore without a mass of intrusion ...to protect us and look after their investment.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I hate camera's.
    If the police decide to tug you for speeding then fair enough. They can use their discretion, allow a certain leeway and judge if the speed you were doing was excessive for the road and conditions.

I do over 1000 mile a week and now have 6 points due to gatso's and mobile traps - they're a complete nightmare for me.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I hate camera's.
    If the police decide to tug you for speeding then fair enough. They can use their discretion, allow a certain leeway and judge if the speed you were doing was excessive for the road and conditions.

I do over 1000 mile a week and now have 6 points due to gatso's and mobile traps - they're a complete nightmare for me.
    it's got to stop ...your one camera away from the dole queue.
  • Options
    it's got to stop ...your one camera away from the dole queue.

I'm 6 points away from a ban which at the rate I'm going is two camera's.

Though a mate of mine from work recently got banned for a month for doing 104mph on the M4 by Swindon.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've got one
  • Options
    You can get custom licence plates that are highly reflective so when the flash hits them the camera gets overexposed making the plate unreadable, but to the human eye it's readable. Don't know if they're legal though. You can spray on stuff as well though, again - don't know if that's legal.
  • Options
    My mate has a Road Angel in his car, ace they are :D he's within his first 2 years of having a licence and has already picked up 3 points off a gatso, and you're only allowed 6 in the first two years, so that thing is a godsend :D
  • Options
    You can get custom licence plates that are highly reflective so when the flash hits them the camera gets overexposed making the plate unreadable, but to the human eye it's readable. Don't know if they're legal though. You can spray on stuff as well though, again - don't know if that's legal.

Hate to tell you this but not only is it illegal and you'll get pulled if the coppers spot it, but it doesn't work. Even if the plate can't be read on the pic you put it in negative and it can be read easily.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Hate to tell you this but not only is it illegal and you'll get pulled if the coppers spot it, but it doesn't work. Even if the plate can't be read on the pic you put it in negative and it can be read easily.

:p I was only suggesting something I'd haerd about, heh
  • Options
    Given the statistics of how many people are killed or seriously injured I'd say the Police have every right to try and make people drive safely.

If you're caught speeding in a built up area you totally deserve the fine, though I do have sympathy for those caught on motorways because they are the safest place to drive.

As you have said to me before Rolly, dont do the crime if you cant do the time.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Given the statistics of how many people are killed or seriously injured I'd say the Police have every right to try and make people drive safely.

If you're caught speeding in a built up area you totally deserve the fine, though I do have sympathy for those caught on motorways because they are the safest place to drive.

As you have said to me before Rolly, dont do the crime if you cant do the time.
    but as i said ..this was the middle of nowhee in a sixty zone.
    i too am for the cops making life safer ...so why aint they doing this on housing estates and high streets instead?
  • Options
    Because you live in Wales, there are no housing estates or built up areas.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Because you live in Wales, there are no housing estates or built up areas.
    exactly.
    these roads are sixty miles an hour roads because ...they are deemed to have few or no pedestrians ...few or no junctions. not much happens on them.
    ...and when rwe are talking early morning with nowt on the road but yourself and your a matter of feet away from the sixty mile an hour sign ...thats just being a twat. what can we do? harrass rollys wife ugh!
  • Options
    But thats a very specific example Rolly, you cant extrapolate from there to say that the police are only "highway fucking robbers".
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    you cant extrapolate from there to say that the police are only "highway fucking robbers".
    oh i can.
    i've mentioned it before in this forum ...i often see a half a dozen vehicles and up to 18 plods manning a speed crusade in the middle of nowhere ...i think to myself ...i'll go back via the coast road ...and theres the same scene again!
    over kill and a complete waste of resources.
    don't know if these things are checkable but i'd bet north wales are up at the top of the leauge for fines and poirnrtsrr.
    they rseem to have norwt bettrer to do.
    we obviously don't need as many coppers as we have orut hee.rr
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    But thats a very specific example Rolly, you cant extrapolate from there to say that the police are only "highway fucking robbers".

Yes you can.

Have you never seen them sitting a spots where the limit changes from 70 to 40? Not where it's dangerous, just where they can actaully pull in some vonga.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Yes you can.

Have you never seen them sitting a spots where the limit changes from 70 to 40? Not where it's dangerous, just where they can actaully pull in some vonga.
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

trhat is not what i call policing.
    we ae living in fear of the highway men around here.
    people are loosing their friggin jobs cos of this kind of policing.
  • Options
    i dont really get the point of this thread...
  • Options
    i dont really get the point of this thread...
    since when did anything in anything fucking goes have to have a fucking point!
    you need an upgrade.