Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling Vulnerable After Short Relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so basically, I got involved with this guy from my work just a month ago. Know him for about 6 months. We got together in secret, cause we didn't want anyone from work poking her nose into our personal life. We were determined to keep that separate.

Then we were texting each other. Him telling me how he is falling for me already. I thought that was sweet and said I feel the same way but explained just gotta take one day at at time. He then starts worrying that he will get hurt again. As he came out of a 2 year relationship about 6months ago and he wasn't prepared to feel like this for me. So we agreed to cool things down and that it was just bad timing. Not what I wanted, but I can't push him, can I?!

Anyways ever since, I have been feeling really vulnerable. I can't stop thinking about him and when I do, I feel so nervous, that I get a sickish feeling. When I see him at work, it's not even the same. We can't talk to each other as normal, cause we're paranoid someone might suspect something. And I feel I can't look at him cause I'm scared he'll see right through me.

Thing is I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I do feel frustrated with myself that I can't hold a relationship cause something always goes wrong. But usually I can get over it. But with him I just feel so uneasy at the moment. I really don't like it :(

Any advice to help me get over this as soon as, cause I hate feeling like this. And any suggestions why I'm feeling like this in the first place.

Be Honest, But Please Be Gentle :heart:

Comments

• Options
    Can you clarify something? Are you still actually seeing one another? If so, do you go out a lot?
  • Options
    No, we decided to just be friends as it's bad timing for him.
    We still talk over phone and text each other then see one another at work. That's about it. Though think he is going out with us next week. As a friend of ours is coming back for long weekend after his basic training in the army and loads of us from work is getting together to go out.

Why?
  • Options
    Why?
    Because it wasn't clear.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Because it wasn't clear.

I just figured ya had a point with your question. No Worries. :)
  • Options
    I just figured ya had a point with your question. No Worries. :)

I did, but my point doesn't need to be made if you're seeing one another.

My opinion is that you've fallen for him and now you can't have him he's all that you want. Pretty obvious huh? Sorry it's so obvious, I can't really think of any advice to go with it, other than perhaps cutting down on the amount of texting you do... maybe steer clear of him joining you outside of work if you choose to go out.

Are you sure his reasons for not wanting to get involved are genuine?
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I did, but my point doesn't need to be made if you're seeing one another.

My opinion is that you've fallen for him and now you can't have him he's all that you want. Pretty obvious huh? Sorry it's so obvious, I can't really think of any advice to go with it, other than perhaps cutting down on the amount of texting you do... maybe steer clear of him joining you outside of work if you choose to go out.

Are you sure his reasons for not wanting to get involved are genuine?

Well I didn't think it would be possible for me to fall for him considering I've only been seeing him properly for a month. I don't usually get so easily emotional attached to a guy just like that. I'm a little out of practice with these relationship things so no it wasn't so obvious to me.

Well I knew about his exgirlfriend from the start so I should have seen this one coming as the guy really does wear his heart on his sleeve. Just, I still didn't think it was possible me and him could get serious so sudden. Guess I'm still trying to come to terms with it all.
  • Options
    Do you like to be in control in a relationship? Do you feel a bit narked that he called a halt to it and you didn't really have any choice in the matter? Perhaps you can't stop thinking about him because you're miffed that he was the one calling the shots. Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    Usually I don't like being in relationships full stop to be honest. I'm never usually cope well. I never felt I was ready to get serious with anyone.

When me and him got together, it was for fun. I mean yes we cared for each other but I guess I just never expected us to get so emotionally attached. Don't think it has anything to do with who was in control. Course I was upset that he felt we had to cool it. Just usually, when I've been with anyone else and the relationship ended; yes I was sad, but I didn't feel soo vulnerable like this before. So my head is just pickled by all these emotions.