Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Permanent Hair Removal

For nearly 5-6 years now, I've had quite a bit of hair on my upper lip which seems to be really itchy. Thankfully, it's blonde for some reason which means that it's not really that noticable. What's the best way to remove it permantely? Did get suggested waxing it off but that's meant to hurt alot? and shaving means it'll obviously come back. (And knowing me, it'll come back quite fast like it does everywhere else...)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Waxing won't remove it permenantly, the roots will eventually reform and grow back. Have you thought about electrolysis? A small needle is inserted into the hair follicle and then a small current is passed through it, destroying the follicle so the hair won't grow back. Because your hair is blonde, and hair is thin on the upper lip, it would probably only take a few treatments. It isn't without a bit of pain, but I had my bikini line done, and I think it's really worth it.

There's also laser hair removal, but it's very expensive, and it's normally used on very dark thick hairs.
  • Options
    Yep - I agree with go away - electrolysis is your best bet. It's not painful, just a bit uncomfortable and you can have sessions that last between 10 mins or up to 1 hour depending on how bad the hair is. Regrowth is nearly zero - but one word of advice, if you go down that route please please please contact the British Instititue of Electrologists to find out the nearest qualified practionier in your area.

Love cavegirl
    xxx
  • Options
    Electrolysis is without doubt the best course of action if you want permanent removal however i would not say it was pain free.

As the hair you want to remove sounds fairly fine i am sure it would not require many treatments but as i said i think you need to be prepared for a little pain its not like toothache or anything but i would say it was more than just uncomfy, however the results are worth it.

From what i understand about laser it would not be an option as for some reason it works better on dark hair and is not very effective at all with blonde hairs although it is quicker and a large area can be treated at once it is extremley painful infact pain killers are prescribed as part of the treatment.
  • Options
    Thread dead - 2005.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    piccolo wrote: »
    Thread dead - 2005.

Yep, resurrected by a spammer :rolleyes:

Closing now :thumb:
This discussion has been closed.