Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BA loses Jessica Starmer appeal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some of you will remember this thread

I have to say that I'm delighted that the bbc is reporting that BA lost their appeal against Jessica Starmers employment tribunal victory.
Jenny Watson, acting chairwoman of the Equal Opportunities Commission, said: "The tribunal's decision is great news for millions of women in Britain juggling their careers with their responsibilities at home, too many of whom are denied from using their talents to the full."

However, BA is now appealing for leave to take the matter to the boy's club.

Sometimes the boy's just don't know when they've been beaten............

Comments

• Options
    Same as what was said before: she should choose what she'd rather be, a parent or a pilot.
  • Options
    Some girls just don't realise when they are taking the piss either.

i still hold the view that she has a choice - which includes her husband. Funnily enough, this story isn't just about her. It just seems that way.
  • Options
    I remain of the view that she's taking the piss a bit too much. She needs to make a decision, not force safety rules to be bent for her benefit.
  • Options
    I'm not as concerned about teh safety aspect because those are subjective. I'm more worried about the way that this (as case law) could mean that staff can dictate terms. Not negotiate, but dictate.