Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Any Americans out there?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am i on a purely British discussion board?

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    theres a couple of americans who go on the politics board. theyre the ones who mainly talk about guns.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm American.

    I don't talk about guns all the time either.

    Why do you want to know?

    This isn't a purely British board, there's posters from Bahrain, Denmark, Australia, France, Canada, etc. but it's mostly British. Get used to hearing slang that you are completely confused by.

    [ 24-05-2002: Message edited by: Alessandro ]
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm American also.

    Living in Texas at the moment. Don't worry about the slang and that, you'll learn it as ya go. I've been speaking to British people for over 5 years and still learning new words <IMG SRC="smile.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah if we Americans are the ones talking about Guns you Brits are the ones running around in tou-tous ravin' about your fairy president tony blair oh yeah and i forgot the ridiculous constitutional monarchy (which steals billions for absolutely NO reason of existance)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by silentxlucidity:
    <STRONG>yeah if we Americans are the ones talking about Guns you Brits are the ones running around in tou-tous ravin' about your fairy president tony blair oh yeah and i forgot the ridiculous constitutional monarchy (which steals billions for absolutely NO reason of existance)</STRONG>

    LOL, where did that come from? Go read the politics board and you will see the guns stuff is true..

    stop being so ignorant, you give Americans a bad name.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    waa.. you brits are so scared of guns and the death penalty but you oppress millions in the middle east by supporting terrorist regimes to steal their cheap oil hence your fear of a democratic revolution in Iran (which the ayatollahs were the ones YOU put in power in the first place )this past december when you sent secret troops to stop the overthrow of the ayatollahs in order to keep cheap oil flowing in your sissy country..

    truth hurts.. waa waa!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by silentxlucidity:
    <STRONG>waa.. you brits are so scared of guns and the death penalty but you oppress millions in the middle east by supporting terrorist regimes to steal their cheap oil hence your fear of a democratic revolution in Iran (which the ayatollahs were the ones YOU put in power in the first place )this past december when you sent secret troops to stop the overthrow of the ayatollahs in order to keep cheap oil flowing in your sissy country..

    truth hurts.. waa waa!</STRONG>

    ROFLMAO...youre lucky this is the drugs board darlin...go post some of your shite on politics.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Balddog:
    <STRONG>

    ROFLMAO...youre lucky this is the drugs board darlin...go post some of your shite on politics.</STRONG>


    I second that.

    Never seen Balddog post in here before <IMG SRC="confused.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People seem to forget american-english is a different language! There are actually american to english, english to american dictionarys around.
    Although american is extremely similar they are still different languages
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way:
    <STRONG>


    I second that.

    Never seen Balddog post in here before <IMG SRC="confused.gif" border="0" ALT="icon"></STRONG>

    Wont be posting much mate, I dont know enough...Just doing some research <IMG SRC="smile.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by silentxlucidity:
    <STRONG>yeah if we Americans are the ones talking about Guns you Brits are the ones running around in tou-tous ravin' about your fairy president tony blair oh yeah and i forgot the ridiculous constitutional monarchy (which steals billions for absolutely NO reason of existance)</STRONG>

    for fucks sake, get a grip. i didnt mean all americans talk about guns all the time. i meant the americans who go on the politics forum. I wasnt trying to start a whos best argument between america and britain, this is the drugs board.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    K listen, im American, i dont get get what u people have Against Americans, were all human, we all breath, just becuase we live in another fuckin' country? Thats retarded.
    im out.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you actually read what rainbow brite wrote?!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ImMysElf:
    <STRONG>Thats retarded.
    </STRONG>

    Takes one to know one. Me smells a troll <IMG SRC="rolleyes.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ImMysElf:
    <STRONG>K listen, im American, i dont get get what u people have Against Americans, were all human, we all breath, just becuase we live in another fuckin' country? Thats retarded.
    im out.</STRONG>

    Maybe it's the poor usage of the language which we invented?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im out.

    Congratulations, so when did you decide to come out? Have you told your family yet, or just some friends?? Whats your favourite gay club???

    <IMG SRC="rolleyes.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The reason most people dont like American is cos you have a few fuckwits like silentxlucidity, who like a stupid dog get the bone and dont let go. And if we're talking about supporting fucked up regimes WHAT THE FUCK DID THE CIA DO IN THE 80's. Spent most of their time training the taliban to overthrow the russians NOW LOOK AT YOU, you fuckwits, only america could supply arms and give military training to an organisation that is inherrently against America and everything the good ol' US of A stands for, now that one really came back and bit you in the ASS (it should be arse but I dont think you'll understand). And didnt you do the same with Iraq. HEY WHAT A GOOD IDEA. LETS SELL TERRORIST STATES ARMS TO FIGHT AMONG THEMSELVES, yeah right. They gladly bought them with the intention of shooting you the fuck down.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If people want to do the stupid 'American v British' thing, go to politics or anything goes. This board is about drugs!!!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HE STARTED IT <IMG SRC="biggrin.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
    And I notice none of them have the balls to reply. if you wanna take this to anything goes board I'll be waiting. besides, I've got a spliff in my hand, that qualifies surely. <IMG SRC="wink.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know about "qualifying", but it does explain a lot....
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actually it doesnt explain anything cos I was lying, I'm still at work so the whole drugs have fuelled my rant would unfortunately be wrong which brings us nicely back to drugs, I know there was a point to this. <IMG SRC="eek.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry, am just amused by;

    "If you want to take this to the anything goes board"...

    it's mildly reminiscent of taking it outside.... and sufficient to amuse me!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that was the intention. Yanks do tend to just push the intollerance button in me <IMG SRC="wink.gif" border="0" ALT="icon">
Sign In or Register to comment.