Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Parents of unruly pupils to be forced to give up work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    doubt it would work
  • Options
    This country has got the leader it deserves.
  • Options

Slight deviantion from the topic but what do people think should be done with kids that are a constant disruption to main stream schooling?

I'm fully for expulsion from regular schools for the simple fact they penalise kids who are willing to learn and aren't shits but what do you do with them after that?
  • Options
    I think that artical discusses both the pros and cons well. There isnt really an easy answer to the problem - thats the trouble.
  • Options
    What a fucking stupid idea. How the hell are they meant to support themselves?

Blair's an idiot.
  • Options
    What a fucking stupid idea. How the hell are they meant to support themselves?

Blair's an idiot.
    Considering a lot of these kids come from deprived backgrounds.
  • Options
    Considering a lot of these kids come from deprived backgrounds.
    Exactly my point.

And if they don't, taking their parents out of work will make sure that they will.
  • Options
    Exactly my point.

And if they don't, taking their parents out of work will make sure that they will.
    You often find bullies and 'unruly' kids tend to have issues, a lot of the time it's at home. So whilst a kid is experiencing problems at home and coping with them by acting up in school... Will it make things better or worse at home for a parent to lose a job?
  • Options
    You often find bullies and 'unruly' kids tend to have issues, a lot of the time it's at home. So whilst a kid is experiencing problems at home and coping with them by acting up in school... Will it make things better or worse at home for a parent to lose a job?
    I can't figure out how it would make things better. At all.
  • Options

i was very bad at school because i was abused i thought noone cared
  • Options
    wonder how long until blair calls himself executive leader and passes a law such that he can make cedision with his mates without having to go through the time by consulting parliament, a pragmatically named 'enabling law' perhaps :(
  • Options
    I have to say i think the idea is stupid, if you got problems at home and your parents lose their job becuase your pissing about in school it's just going to mess the kid up further surely once the parent has their little talk with the kid.

Perhaps they kids should be expelled, like ok you could have a special centre for these expelled kids but then your probably labelling them for the rest of their lives, when they get out fo school they could well have the motivation to work hard at some sort of practical job just to get away from the poverty at home.

DJH