Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

when?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how long does it take when you have ended a relationship for what u know to be the right reasons does it take for it to stop hurting? :crying: i finished with him on thursday and even though i know i've done the right thing it still kills.

Comments

• Options
    First of all I want to send you a big hug ((( ))), and I promise it will get better, even though right now it doesnt feel like it will. The important thing is that you know you have made the right decision, so hang on in there and you will come out the otherside!! As for how long, I split up with my ex about 6 weeks ago, and am feeling almost human again now, I dont miss him every second of the day, I get up in the morning with a smile on my face again half the time, and the best thing about it is, Im free!!! You will get there, but in the meantime just be kind to yourself, treat yourself, and most of all let the hurt out, its the best way to heal,
  • Options
    i know exactly how you feel, been through it myself, we ended up getting back together a month later, but i know the pain you are feeling, the best thing you can do is go out with your mates, have a good time and basically keep your mind occupied.

In the meantime, if you need to talk, you know where I am :)
  • Options
    I think it's about a week for every month you were together, but that is the roughest of rough estimates.

Even if it was the right decision, it is still a chunk out of life gone and it takes time to mourn for it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I think it's about a week for every month you were together, but that is the roughest of rough estimates.

Even if it was the right decision, it is still a chunk out of life gone and it takes time to mourn for it.

A week for every month you've been together. Never heard that before, but like it. From now on it shall be called Kermit's First Law
  • Options
    I heard it was half the time you were together, so six months if you were together a year, and so on. Don't quote me on that though! It varies for everyone I think. Kermit's right, you still need time to "grieve" for your relationship, even if you were the one to call it a day...don't beat yourself up about it, give yourself time to rest and relax and don't feel forced to "get over it" or "move on". Do it in your own time. It will get better, honestly.
  • Options
    guess it depends on the quality of your relationship, and how long you have been thinking about breaking up too. As I say I am feeling better without my ex than I did with him only 6 weeks after coming out of a four year relationship with him. He has left a huge hole, and that is going to take along time to fill, but after such a short time, things really are better than they were the last couple of months I was with him, maybe im just weird!