Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Too many pills?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did quite a few pills last nite and this morning wen they wer startin to wear off, i attempted to have a piss but failed miserably as usual, then as i came back into my room i lost all control of my body and just dropped to the floor. I think i blacked out. I have had again several experiances where i have found myself not able to stand up.

Is this a common occurance?
Why exactly did it happen?

Im not sure if this shud be in the health thread or not..

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    had the piss thing before thats a fucking CUNT

a few times when they're wearing off i've had these really weird heavy head feelings where i need to sit down and i feel really really strange for a few seconds, some sort of mad feeling all over my body then it goes away

blacked out a few times from discusting speed runs :no:
    It probably has to do with blood pressure changes and shear exhaustion, the speed part of MDMA will keep you going and stave off the body feeling tired, but once it wears off the body has a big rush of tiredness all in one go.

A thread in Health wont be of any great help, all that people can tell you is either go to a doctor and get checked out, or dont take as many pills.

As for not being able to piss, thats a direct result of the MDMA and is the reason why you can drink too much water on it. However, it might also have been because of dehydration and that might have lead to you passing out. Dont sip a pint an hour like many tell you to, but do make sure to sip when thirsty, but of course dont chug massive amounts either.
    everyone knows taking a piss is deadly when you'r off your head, though if it's really really really difficult, you might have a serious problem, usually you just have to force it out, i've never blanked out on yokes, though i have had weird panic attacks on them which is not pleasant, i sometimes get them when i'm sober aswell which is fucked up
    bongbudda wrote:
    Dont sip a pint an hour like many tell you to, but do make sure to sip when thirsty, but of course dont chug massive amounts either.

that was one of my main fears before i took e's, i was frekaing out in case i drank too less or too much but in reality there is a lot of leighway and if you just listen to what your body tells you, you'll be fine and dandy, the human body is surpisingly resiliant, as i've stated before, i've done a lot of shit with e's and i'm still breathing...
    i was pretty drunk wen i dropped em. probs had a lot to do with it. Ah well, okay, and no more shitty smileys, pink hearts next weekend, woohoo
    Getting nailed and then dropping countless amounts of pills is going to fuck you up no question. Been there too many times and not going there again anytime soon.

After awhile dropping all those pills to get 'mashed' really isn't worth the consequences the following week, especially if your trying to hold down a job.
    What are the effects of pilling on a regular basis then? say every weekend? i know low blood pressure is one, but im not really sure what that does or how serious it is.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    What are the effects of pilling on a regular basis then? say every weekend? i know low blood pressure is one, but im not really sure what that does or how serious it is.

you'll feel increasingly depressed during the week, you'll feel like a space cadet, maybe problems with speech and thought, i know now that the morning after taking pills you might be up in a shot and feel as busy as a bee, after a while you just feel really tired and lethargic the next morning, not talk as much to your family, kidney problems aswell, pills are not advisable on a regular basis tbh
    mm i am starting to feel the effects. think i will lay off em for a few weeks.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    think i will lay off em for a few weeks.

Months is better.
    you may start now, you can form a bad habit on E's taking them every weekend, gets to the point where you need them at the weekend just to have a good time and thats not what E's are all about, they're a treat, just to do now and again!
    turlough wrote:
    you may start now, you can form a bad habit on E's taking them every weekend, gets to the point where you need them at the weekend just to have a good time and thats not what E's are all about, they're a treat, just to do now and again!

That just about sums it up, alot of people go through a period where their usage is heavy, but after a period of time just take them very occasionally. Much more enjoyable and less hard on the body!
    mm i use to them very rarely, but availbility is a lot better now and a lot of ppl i know have started doing them. But im really starting to feel the effects now so i think im guna lay off for a few weeks.
    I was just lieing in bed, all of sudden my head starting pulsating and my arms shaking but i was unable to move. All i could hear was my friends voice, the same voice, coming from etiher side of me saying "white background" repeating all over again. It wasnt a dream, cause usually i can wake my self up. I was awake and i couldnt stop it. What the hells going on?
    I get the pissing thing when I take MDMA, had it last night in fact. I'm curious to know if it's a physical thing or a psychological thing though? I usually find if I can get over the psychological 'block' that this piss isn't coming then I can usually go. This can take a few minutes though. There's a certain technique to it.
    read my last post... what the hell...
    Sounds like a night terror to me.

I've only ever had it once, and it was quite frightening. You're awake but you can't move. I know some people who have them frequently. These people tend to cain too many class A's so my advice would be to lay off them for a bit, unless you want this to happen again.
    nah i really dont. that was messted up. keep hearing things.
    It keeps happening, every time i come close to dozing of my chest tenses up time slows down and i start seeing and hearing stuff. Does any one know how i can stop this??? I've been told the pills i was doing may have contained dxm aswell.....
    you are suffering from sleep paralysis, there's been a few threads about this condition already on this site, do a search and you'll find out about it, it is stress related and drugs are obviously going to have a detrimental effect in relation to stress, i suffer from it, not as much now but now and again i get it..
    Never had it before. crazy shit.
    It is possible though doubtful that your pills contained DXM, it is highly dangerous when mixed with MDMA and its effects are not similar.

It is a dissasociative hallucinogen, sort of similar to ketamine, though not quite.

I have to agree with the others, MDMA is an occasional treat, it is not an every week drug at all, it does your mind or body no good.
    i need a rest then, or a new drug...
    A rest would be the better of the two options. People take MDMA far too lightly, it isnt a drug you can play with without there being fall out.
    I used to take them. After having a bad experience on them one time i decided to stop. I collapsed, but luckily i was with some people. They effect different people in different ways. Guess it depends on the strength. I took a particularly high dosage i think that time. Id advise you to stop. I found the come downs so bad, that it really wasnt worth it!
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    nah i really dont. that was messted up. keep hearing things.

i have been getting this quite a lot recently ... got it a few times before ...

last week i was staying in my mates house and staying by myself at the top of the house ... was pretty drunk and had taken a lot of e's a few days before

kept hearing my mates talking away to me .. i was lying looking at the open door ... it was bright cuz it was the morning .. one of my mates .. a girl .. was talking ... then her little 4 year old sister ...

i kept falling asleep and waking up all night .. but this happens a lot when im drunk

i also dream a lot that i get up .. put on my trousers and walk downstairs ... then i wake up and im lying in bed ... it loops and loops to the point where it scares the shit out of me

even lying in bed some nights i get weird feelings when the lights are out ... like i can feel something near me its pretty damn fucked up

these are only a small amount of things and tbh it scares the shit out of me sometimes ... sometimes it can be really frightening

i never thought too much of it until i saw that post .. where would i go to see someone about or is that even possible ? ... i was seeing a phycatrist for a lot of months there because of a lot of personal issues and he often asked about my dreams and seemed interested in it ... is it possible to find out exaclty WHY it happens ??

ive always had problems with sleeping most of my life and my dad is an insomniac so im probably taking after him ... but its definatly the drugs that have started this

he also has sleep problems ... he has bad nightmares but he thinks this is to do with his anti despresants

either way its all fucked up :grump:
    z01 wrote:
    i have been getting this quite a lot recently ... got it a few times before ...

last week i was staying in my mates house and staying by myself at the top of the house ... was pretty drunk and had taken a lot of e's a few days before

kept hearing my mates talking away to me .. i was lying looking at the open door ... it was bright cuz it was the morning .. one of my mates .. a girl .. was talking ... then her little 4 year old sister ...

i kept falling asleep and waking up all night .. but this happens a lot when im drunk

i also dream a lot that i get up .. put on my trousers and walk downstairs ... then i wake up and im lying in bed ... it loops and loops to the point where it scares the shit out of me

even lying in bed some nights i get weird feelings when the lights are out ... like i can feel something near me its pretty damn fucked up

these are only a small amount of things and tbh it scares the shit out of me sometimes ... sometimes it can be really frightening

i never thought too much of it until i saw that post .. where would i go to see someone about or is that even possible ? ... i was seeing a phycatrist for a lot of months there because of a lot of personal issues and he often asked about my dreams and seemed interested in it ... is it possible to find out exaclty WHY it happens ??

ive always had problems with sleeping most of my life and my dad is an insomniac so im probably taking after him ... but its definatly the drugs that have started this

he also has sleep problems ... he has bad nightmares but he thinks this is to do with his anti despresants

either way its all fucked up :grump:

pretty much the same situation as me, my dads an insomniac aswell and it does run in the family, taking drugs doesn't help it, i used to wake up for school, thinking i missed the bus, start putting my uniform on, then i'd wake up and it would be 5 am, weird shit like, i suppose you get used to it all after a while
    I can't remember the last time I had a "normal" night's sleep.
    z01; Cutting down or stopping taking drugs altogether would be a good start, it sounds like they arent doing you any good at all.

Your GP may be able to put you forward for therapy too, though some GP's are bad about just dismissing drug cases as purely because of the drugs.