Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

China prepared to use nukes on US

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Scary stuff, your thoughts?
China is prepared to use nuclear weapons against the US if it is attacked by Washington during a confrontation over Taiwan, a Chinese general said on Thursday.

“If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons,” said General Zhu Chenghu

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/28cfe55a-f4a7-11d9-9dd1-00000e2511c8.html

Comments

• Options
    the americans wont get involved, they'd rather trade with china and ignore its human rights record which was over 20000 executions last year
  • Options
    it's quite simple really, if america stop poking their noses in everyone else's business there won't be any problem.......of course china will retaliate if america attacks, but i don't even think america are that stupid to get annihilated over taiwan anyways.......
  • Options
    America should know better than to get their hands dirty in a war with china, it's a totally different kettle of fish than afghanistan and iraq...
  • Options
    Make no mistake, that is exactly why nothing has happened.

The same applies to North Korea- even without the nukes a far more formidable enemy than Iraq or Afghanistan ever were.

The lesson countries around the world have learnt is: nuclear weapons are nowadays the only way to legitimately protect your territorial integrity against the warmongering US government. Because nothing else, no common sense, no international law, no UN body, no other country will.

Can anyone really blame Iran for wanting to acquire their own nukes? I sure as hell can't...
  • Options
    I suspect more the reason that China has never invaded Taiwan is that the US has told the Chinese it guarantees China's independence even at the cost of going to war.

Just because the US is in the mix doesn't make China in the right. Taiwan may have problems but it is both more free and more prosperous than mainland China.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I suspect more the reason that China has never invaded Taiwan is that the US has told the Chinese it guarantees China's independence even at the cost of going to war.

Just because the US is in the mix doesn't make China in the right. Taiwan may have problems but it is both more free and more prosperous than mainland China.

china has its independence, and taiwan means sod all to that and i hope taiwan declares their own independence
  • Options
    china has its independence, and taiwan means sod all to that and i hope taiwan declares their own independence

except Taiwan means an awful lot to many Chinese. I suspect the status quo (whatever its flaws) is best as the minute taiwan declares independence from China the situation becomes much more instable than it is now.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    it's quite simple really, if america stop poking their noses in everyone else's business there won't be any problem.

this is one situation where (perhaps not just the U.S.) but certainly a group including it, should get involved.
  • Options
    the americans wont get involved, they'd rather trade with china and ignore its human rights record which was over 20000 executions last year
    Nobody knows how many executions were in China... It's horrible the things they do though, you can be incarcerated, tortured and executed for having a picture of Dalai Lama. I agree with your post (for the second time ever ;)) that trade is more important to America than human lifes.

I don't think China would use weaponry like that on America... They need each other too much.
  • Options
    The guy who made the statement is a warmongering nutjob...He doesnt speak for the Chinese government.

Its not really scary anyway....Theyre simply saying that if they are attacked by the US, they will retaliate and wont rule out nuclear weapons..Pretty much exactly the same stuff the US says constantly and about everyone :o
  • Options
    :eek: Blast from the past :eek: ;)

Welcome back Baldddog! Long time no see! Where have you been?
  • Options
    Hi mate...its been a while..

Ive been bumming around asia for a while :) Mainly Korea..